Ice Hockey in Gothenburg

Nicholas

Aug 12, 2007
Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this kind of thing, I`m going to be moving from Toronto to Gothenburg in February and was just wondering if anyone here had some information on rinks and or mens league hockey in the area.

I`m not any kind of elite player, just played house league and high school hockey as a kid.

Any kind of web links or information on sign ups would be great.

Thanks!

-Nicholas

Pirateking

Jan 26, 2013
Are you looking to play or watch?

As I am from the northern parts of sweden i don't really know about the chances of finding a team to play for, but if you're going to watch then they have Frölunda in the Swedish Elite league, where players like Henrik Lundqvist, Daniel Alfredsson, Loui Eriksson and a couple of other famous swedish players have played! They play at "Scandinavium" which is one of the bigger sportsarenas in sweden:)

Nicholas

Aug 12, 2007
Are you looking to play or watch?

As I am from the northern parts of sweden i don't really know about the chances of finding a team to play for, but if you're going to watch then they have Frölunda in the Swedish Elite league, where players like Henrik Lundqvist, Daniel Alfredsson, Loui Eriksson and a couple of other famous swedish players have played! They play at "Scandinavium" which is one of the bigger sportsarenas in sweden:)

I should clarify I`m looking for a rink to play hockey, but most definitely plan to attend some Swedish Elite Leauge hockey games as well.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
The lowest level of hockey in Gothenburg is Division 4 and it's quite popular, heard they were planning to expand it to two groups or start a Division 5 next season.

Unfortunately there's no sort of pick-up hockey, there are few rinks in the city (9) and available ice times are limited. So only competitive hockey with full contact rules, you have to be part of team, but just having played before will probably be enough to get you a spot in the bottom division.

Played hockey as a kid and I'm also interested in starting playing again, mostly as a fun form of exercise.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
If you wanna play street hockey with inlines we have a gang that does that during the warmer half of the year. Dont hesitate to contact me for more info.

aloonda*

will there be any games of any kind

level doens't matter

in june?

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
will there be any games of any kind

level doens't matter

in june?

Just streethockey. ;) The World Championships playoffs takes place in Stockholm until may 19. Then nothing i'm afraid. Perhaps Peter Forsbergs Ice Breakers, a charity team plays in the summers, i'm not sure. Na it seems to be in august.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad