Ice Girls no more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Let the players do it for extra conditioning or the ones scratched for the game...

But seriously....nice eye candy but it's not like they serve some social need for them to be making demands if that is the case

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
''jiggle test'' lmao

Seriously though, some of that is pretty messed up, mostly the rule that they can't be spotted in the same public place as a player. If Im off the clock, my employer isnt telling me where I cant be.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
In places where more women are good skaters I'm sure they have a better selection to choose from.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Would not be surprised if they are gone and it's all guys from here out. Lots of drama surrounding them and I can see the Flyers just not wanting to deal with it.

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
''jiggle test'' lmao

Seriously though, some of that is pretty messed up, mostly the rule that they can't be spotted in the same public place as a player. If Im off the clock, my employer isnt telling me where I cant be.

Employers that spend $70,000,000 per year on 23 employees can pretty much require whatever they want.

This isn't like a manager at McDonalds telling an employee they aren't allowed to be seen with other employees in public.

I don't care about the ice girls being done away with. I have the internet if I want to look at hot women.

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
Flyer girls were nothing great. Sounds like they ruined the gig themselves. They can go back to working at Hooters.

Another put it more bluntly: "We're at the bottom of the totem pole."

Umm yeah. You sure as heck aren't near the top.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I think I read a story in a recent Hockey News article stating that all teams should get rid of them.

I like the Dallas Ice Girls, I will admit (closest stadium to me). Sorry to see them go away. Too bad.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Flyer girls were nothing great. Sounds like they ruined the gig themselves. They can go back to working at Hooters.

Another put it more bluntly: "We're at the bottom of the totem pole."

Umm yeah. You sure as heck aren't near the top.

Yea because they were being paid so much to do it.... I'm sure this was their full time gig and now they'll all go back to working at hooters...

They got paid dirt, its a bunch of women that are fans of the sport and have an opportunity to not only work for the team but get front row seats to see a team they love play a sport they enjoy. Yes some of them are a bunch of divas and some of them did ruin it for the rest of them. But your post reeks of idiocy and ignorance.

Bryz4shiz

Feb 10, 2009
Alhoa Oe
Yea because they were being paid so much to do it.... I'm sure this was their full time gig and now they'll all go back to working at hooters...

They got paid dirt, its a bunch of women that are fans of the sport and have an opportunity to not only work for the team but get front row seats to see a team they love play a sport they enjoy. Yes some of them are a bunch of divas and some of them did ruin it for the rest of them. But your post reeks of idiocy and ignorance.

And your post reeks of strong anti-labor and misogynistic sentiment.

I don't care if there are ice girls at the games, but the **** the Flyers, and many other organizations, pull on cheerleaders/ice girls is totally unethical, and in many instances illegal.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
And your post reeks of strong anti-labor and misogynistic sentiment.

I don't care if there are ice girls at the games, but the **** the Flyers, and many other organizations, pull on cheerleaders/ice girls is totally unethical, and in many instances illegal.

Um.... I agree with you? I was pointing out that the people that do this do it because they are fans of the game and they put up with a lot of ******** to do so. The organizations do treat them like ****. Go back to Hooters bothered me. Most of them either have a degree or are working towards one while doing the flyers gig and all of them have a second job. Idk where you got misogynistic sentiment out of my post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad