Ian Mitchell

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
It's more than likely he would have signed if was guarenteed a spot in the NHL lineup.

The Blackhawks, obviously, aren't going to make that guarentee.

He's not choosing another year of college over the NHL, he's choosing it over a year of riding buses for Rockford.
He'll have the same problem next summer.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

CHAYKA_John_Updated-e1516165095725-300x300.jpg

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I understand the Barker parallel people are trying to make, to an extent, but it really doesn't apply to this situation at all, for me. Completely different situations.

I'd hope it doesn't. My point about the Barker comparison is that in Barker's situation, homework by the scouting staff wasn't done and irrespective if he was "good" (IMHO more like "barely passable") in 2009, the pick was still a major bust. My opinion is that the 'hawks need a guy who can help and be defensively sound in their position in both short-and-long term. That means that they can't afford a guy who starts good and peters off (think Samsonov or Frolik comparable), nor a guy who will takes years, if not decades to develop. Plus, high-risk players should get a pass--be it injury history or an attitude problem.

In other words Stan & Co. need to play it a bit more safe and err towards lower-risk players, and look less at the possible ceilings and look at the likely ceiling & floor. IMHO guys like Byram, Cozens, etc. don't strike me as too high of risk (Turcotte is borderline), and seem to be players who will make a decent short and long-term impact. This issue, IMHO is Stan going off the rails and not playing it safe.

Reactions: Blue Liner

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Powers says Hawks will talk to Mitchell about this coming season and he speculates that it might lead to him signing with the Hawks instead of going back to College.

So the trade was actually Jokiharju for Nylander and Mitchell

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Imagine if this team somehow got rid of the Seabrook close to 7 million dollar albatross contract :ha:.

That's much needed cap space.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I love Mitchell and cannot wait till he is on the team (really my most anticipated prospect, even ahead of Dach).

But I don't see why it would be the best to make him come to the roster this year. Where does he fit? Is splitting time with Seabs the best for his development?

I made peace with him going back to Denver because his comments showed he is super aware and I thought it would be best for him elevating his game.

Being a 7d or 1st call up with our current roster I'm not that sure. Next year is better imo because of Gus likely not being here anymore.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
It is crystal clear that the Hawks organization is higher on Ian Mitchell than anyone else in the world and believe he is something special.

He is always a tack on name on blackhawks prospect articles from guys like Pronman. It is clear that for the Hawks he is the centerpiece.

I wonder what they see that others aren’t? Maybe other evaluators are doing a bit too much stat scouting because his stats aren’t gaudy?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
It is crystal clear that the Hawks organization is higher on Ian Mitchell than anyone else in the world and believe he is something special.

He is always a tack on name on blackhawks prospect articles from guys like Pronman. It is clear that for the Hawks he is the centerpiece.

I wonder what they see that others aren’t? Maybe other evaluators are doing a bit too much stat scouting because his stats aren’t gaudy?

I don't know, but apparently Musto sees it too and was also low on Joki.

At this point, I just imagine the whole front office being a bunch of Mustos.

Reactions: d rake

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Powers says Hawks will talk to Mitchell about this coming season and he speculates that it might lead to him signing with the Hawks instead of going back to College.

Thats an insane way to f*** your college team, but I hope it happens.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I was listening to a Hawks podcast the other day (can't remember which one), and they mentioned that the Mitchell camps seemed to know the Joker trade was coming before it happened, so I wonder if there has been some movement behind the scenes for a bit now.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I was listening to a Hawks podcast the other day (can't remember which one), and they mentioned that the Mitchell camps seemed to know the Joker trade was coming before it happened, so I wonder if there has been some movement behind the scenes for a bit now.

I think I said that when the trade went down. The Hawks must be supremely confident Mitchell is going to sign if they make this trade. It does make me wonder if they've already talked to his camp.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I think I said that when the trade went down. The Hawks must be supremely confident Mitchell is going to sign if they make this trade. It does make me wonder if they've already talked to his camp.
you would think thats the case. I wonder if it came from Mitchells camp nudging them to make room or he wouldnt sign or if it was hawks doing it in good faith to show they wanted him that bad.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
you would think thats the case. I wonder if it came from Mitchells camp nudging them to make room or he wouldnt sign or if it was hawks doing it in good faith to show they wanted him that bad.

Eh... I doubt Mitchell's agent is going to "nudge" the Hawks organization/FO to make room for his client... that's not really how this works. It was the Hawks showing they want him signed and playing here.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Eh... I doubt Mitchell's agent is going to "nudge" the Hawks organization/FO to make room for his client... that's not really how this works. It was the Hawks showing they want him signed and playing here.

lol

could easily say they see the depth in the organization at ians position and will not rush to sign...hint hint

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad