TSN: (Ian Mendes): Not much progress between Ceci (RFA) and Ottawa

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
When's the last time a Canadian team had a paid attendance under 10,000? Because I think the Sens will hit it next season.

Because Ceci has yet to start negotiating his next contract? Lol that’s actually one of the dumbest things I’ve read on here, impressive.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
2nd pairing hand handed d-men don't grow on trees. I think there's a lot of teams out there willing to give him a chance.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Not really. You have a #1D that is signed to a reasonable $7.25mil for several more years and you get a 24yo top 4 dman signed to a reasonable $4mil for several more years.

Karlsson alone will cost you more than what they make combine. With Ottawa, it may not always be about pure player value. An aspect that HF is weak on is properly valuing contracts as well. That's something GMs look at and consider.
The offer is garbage.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
McDonalds is going to catch on when they realize that ottawa did not score that many goals in the last minute of play. Won't be the first time Melnyk got in trouble for fraud.

Ah, the voucher deals then, eh? They stopped doing those in Buffalo. We never qualified for them either, sadly....

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Not really. You have a #1D that is signed to a reasonable $7.25mil for several more years and you get a 24yo top 4 dman signed to a reasonable $4mil for several more years.

Karlsson alone will cost you more than what they make combine. With Ottawa, it may not always be about pure player value. An aspect that HF is weak on is properly valuing contracts as well. That's something GMs look at and consider.
I thought you were kidding. I can't believe you could think that's a fair trade

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
2nd pairing hand handed d-men don't grow on trees. I think there's a lot of teams out there willing to give him a chance.
His results suggest that he is very far from a second pairing guy. They are bad.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
His results suggest that he is very far from a second pairing guy. They are bad.

Definitely didn't help him when they glued him to Phaneuf when he was a very promising 22 year old RHD. His game improved drastically the last 2 months playing with Borowiecki :huh: and Chabot. He's a good #4 right now. #5 on a cup contender. And a #3 on Ottawa :help:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Definitely didn't help him when they glued him to Phaneuf when he was a very promising 22 year old RHD. His game improved drastically the last 2 months playing with Borowiecki :huh: and Chabot. He's a good #4 right now. #5 on a cup contender. And a #3 on Ottawa :help:

In terms of shot metrics, Ceci has brought Phaneuf down. That's impressive.

I wonder what Ceci does well. Skating? It isn't size, I don't think. Defense does not seem to be the one... nor is it scoring. What is it?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Ideally he gets traded and the money is allocated towards Karlsson/Duchene/Stone’s contracts.

Most likely he’ll get like 5 mil per because this organization has unconditional love for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad