Ian Mendes Appreciation Thread

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
The man may very well have risked his job last night for speaking on behalf of the fans. He took Dean Brown (ugh... "I don't know why everyone's so upset") to task, ripped on ownership and management all while being respectful and polite.

Rispek.

In the postgame show on tsn1200? I wasn't able to fully listen to it !

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
His job should not be at risk for stating what everyone and their mother knows is insanely obvious.

The team's management is a dysfuncational disaster. Star players dont want to play for it and fans dont want to support it.

It's fact. We need more media willing to offer criticism in order to alert casual fans who may not have the capacity to realize this.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
His job should not be at risk for stating what everyone and their mother knows is insanely obvious.

The team's management is a dysfuncational disaster. Star players dont want to play for it and fans dont want to support it.

It's fact. We need more media willing to offer criticism in order to alert casual fans who may not have the capacity to realize this.
Fully agree, but there are financial ties between the org and the station. Which muddies things. Huge conflict of interest.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
that was a boss ass display last night on the radio...

dean brown, man his voice will always bring back incredible memories but damn, the gusy shtick is getting old.. is he looking for a promotion? actually if he keeps going he might be the AGM soon

Reactions: BloodRedArmy

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Huh?
I rE listened to it. What was so impressive? He didn’t really argue with dean either.
Did I miss something?

Reactions: Stylizer1

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
I didn't hear what he said, but he's not losing his job for stating the truth about the Sens situation. Always liked Mendes, probably the best sports media personality in the city. Sometimes my opinion doesn't line up with his, but he always brings intelligent and thought through points to the table. I actually also like having Simmer with him as well. They've grown well together.

Also Dean Brown answering "number C" and "number A" on question period thinking he's funny is enough to drive me nuts.

Reactions: BloodRedArmy

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
The Dean Brown bit was an actual disinformation attempt.

Trying to deflect from the legit conversation about the myriad serious issues with the franchise by saying: " Leafs fans that buy tickets in Ottawa are 'fans', so you can't say all "fans" are upset.. those fans are happy with the state of the team." Completely insane, dishonest gaslighting.

Some of worst equivocating garbage I've heard on TSN radio, ever, and that's saying something considering we heard Nicolas Ruszkowski pivot from answering about the money earmarked for Stone by saying they are obligated to meet the cap floor.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
The Dean Brown bit was an actual disinformation attempt.

Trying to deflect from the legit conversation about the myriad serious issues with the franchise by saying: " Leafs fans that buy tickets in Ottawa are 'fans', so you can't say all "fans" are upset.. those fans are happy with the state of the team." Completely insane, dishonest gaslighting.

Some of worst equivocating garbage I've heard on TSN radio, ever, and that's saying something considering we heard Nicolas Ruszkowski pivot from answering about the money earmarked for Stone by saying they are obligated to meet the cap floor.

Are fans still mad because Darcy Loewen left?

Lol what a clown

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Gord Wilson or was it Dean Brown spinning that there are 345721 sorts of fans and they are all different and some like what they see from management specially the Leafs fans bla bla
He was out to lunch on the topic trying to defend management like an i.iot

Last edited:
Reactions: The Lewler and Deku

Riceroni

Dec 14, 2018
The man may very well have risked his job last night for speaking on behalf of the fans. He took Dean Brown (ugh... "I don't know why everyone's so upset") to task, ripped on ownership and management all while being respectful and polite.

Rispek.
The organization and the radio station has a clause in their contract that the station can't unnecessarily criticize the front office. I don't think what Ian said was over that line.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
The organization and the radio station has a clause in their contract that the station can't unnecessarily criticize the front office. I don't think what Ian said was over that line.
Unnecessarily being the key word. I agree with you – not over the line. I'd even go so far as to say it was very necessary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad