TSN: [Ian Mendes] Alfredsson will be in the building for Phillips’ jersey retirement

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I like the honoring your long time players and retiring only the very best. I'd have to even think about Karlsson now that half his career will be on a different team. Only Alfie fits the bill for retiring a number.

Reactions: stempniaksen

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Phillips - Chara

funny they mention Phillips - Volchenkov and not the years Philly and Chara played together.

I always think of Phillips with Chara being our best pairing ever

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Good interview with Phillips in le droit. He thinks if is number is retire, it s because he broke the record for the most match with the sens. He said he was just a normal player and don’t understand this honor

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So the game doors open at 5:30 PM, the "ceremony" is at 6:30 PM, and "puck drop" is at 7:52 PM.

What it means is that there will be a fake ceremony at 6:30 with all kinds of tribute videos and speeches and stuff, but the actual jersey raising will take place after the anthems.

Just planning my evening. ;)

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Phillips is a humble guy who bleeds Sens colours. A great alumnus who the young guys can strive to model themselves after, both on and off the ice. A very well deserved recognition for a guy who knew what it mean't to be a Senator.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
So the game doors open at 5:30 PM, the "ceremony" is at 6:30 PM, and "puck drop" is at 7:52 PM.

What it means is that there will be a fake ceremony at 6:30 with all kinds of tribute videos and speeches and stuff, but the actual jersey raising will take place after the anthems.

Just planning my evening. ;)

Probably same as Alfie’s

Players out skating in number 4 jerseys

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I’ll try to make the #74 jersey raising in 10 years
Boro would have to play the next ten years to even get close to 1000 games.

I know you're being facetious but perspective on how Phillips is being under-rated, Borowiecki's current best year of production at 18 points is basically on par with Phillips worst producing seasons. And Phillips was our top shut down option for a decade, while considered one of the best for a season or two.

OUTHOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
Boro would have to play the next ten years to even get close to 1000 games.

I know you're being facetious but perspective on how Phillips is being under-rated, Borowiecki's current best year of production at 18 points is basically on par with Phillips worst producing seasons. And Phillips was our top shut down option for a decade, while considered one of the best for a season or two.

I’m all for Phillips’ retirement, I’m just being a di*k for those sweet likes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad