Value of: Iafallo to Avs

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
1. I cannot emphasize this enuf, I did not say 1:1, I said something around and spec. Iafallo + [EMPHASIZE PLUS].
Presumably these are futures acceptable to NY which are cost controlled adds.

2. Hopefully Iafallo can do a short term deal for a reasonable #, but if not, flip him vs lose for nothing.
Again, look at futures.

Buch is 3.25 that he deserves and is gonna want more but expect like 4.5-4.75 min. In cap tight scenario this yr/next coupla seasons, would rather plan now and not have to squeeze later if that can be avoided.

Conversely, if Iafallo 2.425 would max 3.75-4, short term deal, that works for NY, esp since we would have more roster flexibility due to increased pivot depth.
Thanks for clarifying. And also thanks for the earlier courtesy reply, much appreciated.

I see what you mean now, but the earlier post didn't really emphasize the "+". You also said "F for an F, fair value sought" which to me seemed to imply that you thought that the Buchnevich/Iafallo swap was fair. You didn't mention any additional assets beyond that either.

In any case, I appreciate the clarification! :)

Reactions: bernmeister

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Why would Rangers want another winger? They're already loaded there with Panarin, Kaako, Lafreniere, Kreider, Kravtsov, and Buchevnich.

Ironically Rangers would probably have been better off with a C like Byfield, and LA could have done with a forward like Lafreniere. Whatever the case they'd probably make good trade partners at some point as LA needs forwards and NYR need C's.

Re: LA and Rangers fans, we can probably help each other, the problem is we're both in the same rebuilding boat, so we want to know what we have before we start filling holes--makes trades risky. IE someone suggested Turcotte for Lundqvist +/- and it's like on paper, great, but we dont' know what either guy is yet and maybe our other Cs/Ds don't pan out so we might be MAKING a hole instead of helping one. You want to wait until the roster starts taking shape.

That's why LA/Col makes more sense in a way, Col is competing now, LA....absolutely not, lol. But the problem is LA doesn't really have the Cs to give up, unless Col wants Carter for futures or something.

Reactions: Richard88

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Helleson with two points including the game winning OT goal vs Boston University last night.

Barron has 5 points/2 goals and 14 shots in his last three QMJHL games.

Avs are so loaded defensively in their organization given Makar, Girardo and Byram have top pair ability. Toews and EJ as excellent middle pair players.

when guys like Graves and Timmins are bottom pair or healthy scratches, you’re dealing from a position of strength.

the Avs even have a 20 year old defender in the KHL having a great season.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Sounds like a valuable asset that Colo should hang onto for his timely goals in the playoffs .

ElasticDeterminedAyeaye-small.gif

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Re: LA and Rangers fans, we can probably help each other, the problem is we're both in the same rebuilding boat, so we want to know what we have before we start filling holes--makes trades risky. IE someone suggested Turcotte for Lundqvist +/- and it's like on paper, great, but we dont' know what either guy is yet and maybe our other Cs/Ds don't pan out so we might be MAKING a hole instead of helping one. You want to wait until the roster starts taking shape.

That's why LA/Col makes more sense in a way, Col is competing now, LA....absolutely not, lol. But the problem is LA doesn't really have the Cs to give up, unless Col wants Carter for futures or something.

OK. At this point the LAK fans have deviated from the original post. No more fake outrage.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
By explaining the relationship between trade partners? What fake outrage?

Are you posting in the right thread?

Yes, it was fake outrage the whole time. You know what I mean. All the squawking about the OP making the initial offer. Now this!? You've made a comment that suggests the Avs and Kings are good trade partners in a way that go beyond the deal outlined in the OP.

Busted!!!

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yes, it was fake outrage the whole time. You know what I mean. All the squawking about the OP making the initial offer. Now this!? You've made a comment that suggests the Avs and Kings are good trade partners in a way that go beyond the deal outlined in the OP.

Busted!!!

This is one of the weirdest f***ing things I've ever read on this forum, and quite a stretch.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
This is one of the weirdest f***ing things I've ever read on this forum, and quite a stretch.

Not really. Kings fans have been wearing their victimhood on their sleeves during this whole thread. But now the truth has been revealed. Sorry if pointing that out is uncomfortable for you.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Not really. Kings fans have been wearing their victimhood on their sleeves during this whole thread. But now the truth has been revealed. Sorry if pointing that out is uncomfortable for you.

What the f*** are you talking about?

OP: Colorado is interested in Iafallo. What would it cost?

Kings fans: Here are our thoughts on Iafallo's value and some potential players we would be interested in.

OP: Okay well I don't even want him, so take our trash or no deal.

Kings fans: Okay, no deal.

You: WOW KINGS FANS WITH A VICTIM COMPLEX!

What are you even doing in this thread?

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018

Kings fans: Here are our thoughts on Iafallo's value and some potential players we would be interested in.

No. He said we're good trade partners for reasons beyond Iafallo.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Nailed it.

Minus an extreme miniority of extremely aggressive posters, everyone else seems to have cordially arrived at the conclusion that there's no good deal for both teams for Iafallo, and that while on paper the Avs and Kings would be good trade partners, LA doesn't really have any Cs that could help Col right now, or at least not at a price that's also good for LA.

Not sure what the literal nonsense above is about, other than being grouchy about criticism for some of the worse deals.

I guess it's 5 o'clock somewhere?

Reactions: KingTech

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
...which is true? Colorado is looking to win now, the Kings are rebuilding. That's generally a big part of being good trade partners: matching a buyer with a seller.

We don't have to be trade partners at all. The OP was full of it. Why is this still going?

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
It's been painfully obvious over the past week that the Kings already have a dearth of NHL caliber players...when injuries strike (as they have this week) the team is a Kopitar and Doughty above an AHL team. There would be absolutely no excuse for the Kings to let Iafallo walk as a UFA given all the cap space they have. And the idea of trading him away for picks and prospects is equally insane at this point.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
If you don't want to have a conversation, you can simply....not.

Trust me, I don't think anyone else will mind.

Interesting tactic. First you say someone is a used car salesman. Now you say that you want to have a conversation?

This is hard to reconcile.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014

You somehow managed to sum up HF trades in a nutshell :laugh:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Let's do a Jonathan Quick + Iafallo trade to the Avs. I'm sure they can use a real solid goalie and a cheap producing top 6 winger

Send us your best deals ladies.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Let's do a Jonathan Quick + Iafallo trade to the Avs. I'm sure they can use a real solid goalie and a cheap producing top 6 winger

Send us your best deals ladies.

Kings can even retain Quick at 50%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad