OT: I Was Wayne Gretzky’s (Hungover) Linemate

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I ran across this story on Deadspin about former Ranger Sean Pronger and Gretzky, and it gave me a good laugh. I figured you guys might enjoy it.

From November 1998 to February 1999 I was a Ranger and a teammate of Wayne Gretzky. Any chance I got to hang out with him I did—although most of the time he had no idea we were hanging out. If we were getting off the bus to go to a restaurant, I would hang back and wait until Gretz (that's what his buddies call him, I think) walked by and I'd file in behind him.

And he'd be right to do so. My first chance to play with the Great One and I had a bad case of the brown-bottle flu.

OK, calm down. Breathe deeply. You can do this.

I jumped in the shower and drenched myself in freezing cold water. Time to wake up and get ready to go. Now, I know what you're thinking. Slow down, Chris's brother! It's not like you're playing the Islanders tonight. This is practice, after all.

http://deadspin.com/5974950/i-was-w...nhl-journeyman-picks-the-wrong-night-to-drink

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Little did one of the worst guys to ever skate with the Rangers know that they guy he subbed in for had the same exact substance abuse problem.

Sean Pronger and Kevin Stevens...two idiots who should have never worn the Ranger sweater.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Guy got drunk one night... now he's got a problem? Thats some judgemental overreaction there... unless Im missing something cuz I dont know Sean Pronger's backstory super well.

I was calling Kevin Stevens the drunk.

Pronger was just a bad hockey player that happened to get drunk the night before he replaced Stevens in a practice.

Just thought it was irony.

Not calling Pronger a drunk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad