I want to go to a Flyers-Canes game. I'm a Canes fan.

bluedevil58*

Hello,

I would like to go to a Canes vs. Flyers game in Philly. I have a Canes Jersey and it is #17 with Brinda'mour(SP) on the back. Would I be harassed for wearing a jersey of the opposing team or would it be a conversation striker? Brindy is my favorite Cane of all times and everything has gone to **** since he has no longer been the captain. Is this a bad idea?

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Brindy is a fan favorite in Philly here as well. We all saw the reaction the fans ad for him when he was at the podium. If you don't act like a moron you will be treated well. You can cheer your team but don't get obnoxious. We get a bad rep around the nation generally. We do have some idiots though like all fan bases.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
You might face some minor harassment in the bathroom or something - some light mocking or something - but even that I'd doubt. As long as you don't get drunk and start shouting in people's faces you'll be fine.

Heck, with a Brindy jersey you might even make a few friends.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
You'll be fine.

99% of the time something happens it's because people are drunk and instigate. The other 1%? Won't be because of a Canes jersey that's for sure.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The only Flyers game I've been too was against Carolina in February last year. I saw lots of fans in Canes jerseys and no one cared. It was an afternoon game, though, so less fans were drunk.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Hello,

I would like to go to a Canes vs. Flyers game in Philly. I have a Canes Jersey and it is #17 with Brinda'mour(SP) on the back. Would I be harassed for wearing a jersey of the opposing team or would it be a conversation striker? Brindy is my favorite Cane of all times and everything has gone to **** since he has no longer been the captain. Is this a bad idea?

You may get your chops busted a little bit but no big deal. Flyer fans are not like eagle fans so enjoy your time at the game.

RJ8812*

did you see the ovation we gave Brind'Amour at the draft last night?

You'll be fine

MrFlyers

Oct 6, 2013
Norway
I really dont get why philly fans got so bad reputatation. I've been in four arenas, (philly, anaheim, chicago, and nyc) and nothing but freindly faces in all of them. The only place I saw something was in nyc, but that was a two way argument. Enjoy your game in philly, and eat som cheesesteak before the game.

LePalle

Aug 22, 2006
South Jersey
There are very few jerseys that are safer to wear to a Flyers game. Don't even think twice, nothing's gonna happen unless you arrive in fight mode :laugh:

kyuss

Wings make our ding-dings sing.
May 28, 2012
Worst thing that may happen is someone will say, "That name looks a lot better in orange and black." If you can laugh at that, you'll have a ton of fun here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad