Playstation 4 EASHL: I want to get into EASHL

cheap77

Go Kings!
Mar 19, 2011
So I'm looking to play this mode. I've only ever played HUT really, but I'd like to try out EASHL. How do I go about doing this? Do I have to find a team? I know I play my position the whole game which sounds awesome. Is it better to find a team because I feel like I will end up being a forward playing defense if I join randomly?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
So I'm looking to play this mode. I've only ever played HUT really, but I'd like to try out EASHL. How do I go about doing this? Do I have to find a team? I know I play my position the whole game which sounds awesome. Is it better to find a team because I feel like I will end up being a forward playing defense if I join randomly?

Yes, you definitely want to find a club. There are posts on here pretty frequently looking for more players, so you could probably check that out.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009

You don't necessary need to find a club. When I got into it last year I started just playing drop ins to learn the game and get a feel for the EASHL. I also was learning how to play goalie as well.

This years drop in lobbies are great. It gives you the chance to play with the same guys game to game if you have chemistry. This would be a great way to find some players you work well with, and then maybe create a club with, or join their existing club.

You can also join a league, there are a number or 6's leagues out there. I'm on xbox so I don't know whats available for PS but I know that www.leaguegaming.com has a PS4 league. Check that out. They have 3 leagues, NHL, AHL, CHL. You will start being assigned to a team in the CHL, then you can work your way up to the NHL. Its kind of like a real life be a pro. Its a great way to meet people to play club with as well.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Once you've gotten comfortable with EASHL games I'd suggest joining a league. LG is the biggest and brightest. www.leaguegaming.com and join up for LGHL PSN. You'll start in the CHL and work your way up. When you get to AHL and NHL you go through entry drafts and bidding between seasons (team owners have a set amount of "money" to bid for players). Site keeps your stats and even replays of most games. Everything is arranged through the site and you can download a mobile app for it as well. That's where you'll find the best players, best clubs etc.

I think you play a minimum of 3 games a week, in an organized team, at set dates and times. You get to pick your schedule pretty much but your GM has the right to play you when they want. It's also positional lock in the higher leagues so you can't be asked to play outside of your preferred position.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Don't do drop ins. Easily the worst part of this mode. People will join as defenders only to play as 4th and 5th wingers. No on plays postion. Everyone is super selfish. Join a club that has a need for your preferred position. Make sure they use mics as it makes it a lot easier to communicate. If you are going to play drop ins save yourself a **** ton of stress and play be a pro.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Don't do drop ins. Easily the worst part of this mode. People will join as defenders only to play as 4th and 5th wingers. No on plays postion. Everyone is super selfish. Join a club that has a need for your preferred position. Make sure they use mics as it makes it a lot easier to communicate. If you are going to play drop ins save yourself a **** ton of stress and play be a pro.

I have noticed this too. Roughly 20% of players stick to their position and actually pass the other guys. 5% of the defencemen.

Then there's the goalies who join and just mess around, screwing their team over and not caring at all..

I Need to find a good group of guys to play with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad