Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
The Canucks need d prospects.

I would do Lilidgren and a 2nd.

For Tanev

Gives Toronto some stability. They lost to Boston because of bad d.

Gives the Canucks another d prospect which they desperately need.
Tanev would not have helped against Boston. Literally at all.

Last edited:

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
How ‘bout just bumping one of the 37 other threads.
I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, we need a moratorium on these.
Agreed.
It's the same posters saying the same things in the ones i've looked at.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I'm not giving up Kapanen for Tanev.

Kapanen has a real chance to break out into a real fast top6 winger with grit. Hes a great piece to hold onto.

I'm all over giving up 1st rounder, how about taking brown? Hes a good very good player, but IMHO has been skipped over by Johansen(the young kid we brought up at the end of the year) and Kapenen.

1st 2018+brown for Tanev?
I would do it

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Just curious from both a Leafs & Nucks fans pov what do you think KK projects to become at the nhl level?

Leafs fans?

Nucks fans?

Please give me your projection. Thx

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I've just kind of accepted the Canuck fan narrative that Tanev is a great dman who has had some unlucky injury problems. But for the first time I started to dig into his stats and I don' get it. Nothing about him seems all that good. He doesn' play big minutes, he doesn' put up big points, his corsi sucks. Am i looking in the wrong place? I mean for a "premier shut down guy" his shot supression isnt all that good.

All I can see is a guy who in the right situation would-be a good 4D. So I'm guessing there is something to the eye test.

Tell me Canucks fans, what makes Tanev so valuable?

Last edited:

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Just curious from both a Leafs & Nucks fans pov what do you think KK projects to become at the nhl level?

Leafs fans?

Nucks fans?

My opinion is he has the potential to hit 60 points at least once in his career but he should be a 50+/- point winger who can play the pk and pp. Has amazing speed down the wing and a decent shot tho he takes a lil while to get it off. He has the stick skills to pull dekes but his raw agility is a lil low.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Ya but if the leafs trade their 1st this year and San Jose's 2nd for Tanev they wouldn't have any picks until their very late third rounder.

That's usually what happens when teams make trades that make them Cup contenders. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Leafs fans?

Nucks fans?

I'd hazard a guess at a 2nd/3rd line tweener. Probably hovers at a 40-50 point average over his peak years. Keep in mind all I know about him is what's been talked about in these threads.

I've just kind of accepted the Canuck fan narrative that Tanev is a great dman who has had some unlucky injury problems. But for the first time I started to dig into his stats and I don' get it. Nothing about him seems all that good. He doesn' play big minutes, he doesn' put up big points, his corsi sucks. Am i looking in the wrong place? I mean for a "premier shut down guy" his shot supression isnt all that good.

All I can see is a guy who in the right situation would-be a good 4D. So I'm guessing there is something to the eye test.

Work ethic and situational awareness.

Admittedly, Tanev doesn't have a lot of 'natural talent' so he can't get by on coasting through games and throwing up numbers here and there. He simply is a work horse in the defensive end, a lot of the time throwing himself into shots and taking beatings along the boards most players wouldn't do in the regular season. That's half the reason he's injured so often.

He's a model player for Don Cherry's "good ol' Canadian kid" award.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa

Leafs fans?

Nucks fans?

At a dead minimum, he is a capable bottom sixer who is a reliable breakaway threat on the PK and can chip in some offense at 5on5. He has Grabner/Byron speed and will be able to use it to score plenty of goals at the NHL level. In terms of upside, he's a top6 winger who is a threat on the PP, PK, and at evens due to his incredible speed and good shot. He's not a high IQ player, but he could use his feet and capable hands to put up 25 goals and 50 points consistently. Ideally, he would be the third piece on a talented line where he uses his speed and breakaway threat to force opposing defenders to cover him more tightly and therefore create space for his other linemates.

Mancesco Franquilini

Vancouver Canucks GM
Jan 5, 2009
Los Angeles

This literally just came out showing that Tanev is the best amongst his peers at Shot Surpression

Where are you getting your info from?

Mancesco Franquilini

Vancouver Canucks GM
Jan 5, 2009
Los Angeles
This is a good offer, Vancouver should take this.
I'd agree the Value is there, but apparently Vancouver has been getting called the most on Sutter this offseason and last season.

I'd probably deal them separately to maximize the return on both. We don't have many assets we can trade that are actually attractive, we can't afford to "throw" anybody in, especially if we have to retain salary.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Kapanen or the 1st. Not both.

Also no need to waste a roster spot on Cassels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad