Proposal: I WANT TANEV!!!!! (TOR/VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteadyFreddie

Jun 11, 2018
So because nobody on here (HFBoards!) isn't asking these questions, it means no real NHL GMs have interest?
Didn't you know that all GM's in the league come to HF Boards before making a deal, to see what the value of players are?

Reactions: zcaptain

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
I'm not giving up Kapanen for Tanev.

Kapanen has a real chance to break out into a real fast top6 winger with grit. Hes a great piece to hold onto.

I'm all over giving up 1st rounder, how about taking brown? Hes a good very good player, but IMHO has been skipped over by Johansen(the young kid we brought up at the end of the year) and Kapenen.

1st 2018+brown for Tanev?

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
When are other people going to stop pretending his value has dropped since he was drafted? He's done nothing but look good at the NHL level, I see no reason why his value wouldn't be that of a low-mid twenties first

He is going to be 22 years old at the start of the season which will be his draft +5 year. He has 8 NHL goals to his credit. I don't disagree that his value is that of a late first or B level prospect, but he is far from being an Elite or top end prospect. I would compare him to Goldobin at this point. If the Canucks are going to trade Tanev, I feel that there will be a number of teams who offer a deal centred around a much better prospect than Kapanen.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
He is going to be 22 years old at the start of the season which will be his draft +5 year. He has 8 NHL goals to his credit. I don't disagree that his value is that of a late first or B level prospect, but he is far from being an Elite or top end prospect. I would compare him to Goldobin at this point. If the Canucks are going to trade Tanev, I feel that there will be a number of teams who offer a deal centred around a much better prospect than Kapanen.

I genuinely just don't think Tanev has that type of value. He is a good enough player, but whether some Canucks fans will admit it or not he is a totem for injuries and that hurts his value. Goldobin is a pretty solid comparison actually, though they're different players and Kapanen has solid two way ability, not familiar enough with Goldobin to know if that's a part of his game.

Of the teams that might be interested in adding Tanev that I can think of off the top of my head (Isles, Tampa, maybe Buffalo) who do you think you might get? New York might offer Ho-Sang who has a higher ceiling sure but comes with some baggage, maybe Tampa would offer you someone like Howden. I just don't know if any of those guys are really that much farther ahead than Kap if at all

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
When are we going to stop pretending that Kapanen has the value that Leafs fans think he does?
Was waiting for this obligatory, Kapanen post.

I will throw this out there:

Toronto
Tanev
Sutter @50% (Leafs could use a3C)

Vancouver
1st 2018
2nd 2018
2nd 2019
Carrick/Bracco/Rosen

Acceptable trade, still would rather keep the 1st and 2nd's though. I expect that Dubas will probably hold onto all his picks, like Lou. Teams are placing more value on the draft and their developmental resources, IMO.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

*Every other fan base continuously remarks how Kapanen isn’t worth as much as Leafs fans think*
Leafs fans: Am I wrong?
Leafs fans: No, it is the children who are wrong.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Acceptable trade, still would rather keep the 1st and 2nd's though. I expect that Dubas will probably hold onto all his picks, like Lou. Teams are placing more value on the draft and their developmental resources, IMO.
I won't argue, but we can't keep hoping that our D will be good enough. Matthews 1st season (making the playoffs) was a bonus, but losing in round 1 last season was kind of unacceptable. The D needs to be upgraded, and waiting another 3(?) years for this years pick to develop is just burning 3 more Matthews/Marner/Nylander years. It's not like it's a top 10 pick, if we can turn it into a piece that helps now and in the future, i say go for it.

Reactions: firstemperor

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
When are other people going to stop pretending his value has dropped since he was drafted? He's done nothing but look good at the NHL level, I see no reason why his value wouldn't be that of a low-mid twenties first

People like to base their opinions solely off of what they see on hockeydb and it doesn't look good for Kapanen if you use that as your measuring stick. Personally, I wouldn't trade Kapanen straight up for any pick outside of the top 10 in this draft. From what I've seen I have no doubt he's going to be a solid point producer as soon as he's given the opportunity to play on any line other than the 4th.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
*Every other fan base continuously remarks how Kapanen isn’t worth as much as Leafs fans think*
Leafs fans: Am I wrong?
Leafs fans: No, it is the children who are wrong.
Again, EVERY other fanbase also says they wouldn't touch Tanev due to the guarantee that he will AGAIN miss a chunk of the next season. So, is Tanev a negative value player because HF posters say so?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
People like to base their opinions solely off of what they see on hockeydb and it doesn't look good for Kapanen if you use that as your measuring stick. Personally, I wouldn't trade Kapanen straight up for any pick outside of the top 10 in this draft. From what I've seen I have no doubt he's going to be a solid point producer as soon as he's given the opportunity to play on any line other than the 4th.

Yup, and if people valued Tanev the same way, he would be worthless due to games played per season. Funny thing is a lot of Leafs fans still see value in Tanev....but zero Nucks fans see value in a 22 year old forward who skates like the god dammed wind and has yet to be given a real shot in the top 6.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Trade for Tanev is easy....

He has missed a total of 82 games the last 3 years, average of 27 per.

Make the 1st conditional, every 10 games he misses pushes it back 1 round

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Again, EVERY other fanbase also says they wouldn't touch Tanev due to the guarantee that he will AGAIN miss a chunk of the next season. So, is Tanev a negative value player because HF posters say so?

If you think Tanev has negative value that’s your prerogative. I was talking about Kapanen and how he doesn’t have as much value as Leafs fans think. And yes, Tanev still has more.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
If you think Tanev has negative value that’s your prerogative. I was talking about Kapanen and how he doesn’t have as much value as Leafs fans think. And yes, Tanev still has more.

Jesus H Christ....way to miss the whole friggin point.

A. I am one of the most vocal Leafs fans supporting Tanev to Toronto.

B. You said Kapanen was worth less than Leafs fans think because HF posters (lol) don't value him. I asked if Tanev also has less value than Nucks fans think due to HF posters not wanting him because of injuries?

Reactions: Jared Dunn

Mancesco Franquilini

Vancouver Canucks GM
Jan 5, 2009
Los Angeles
Kapanen and the 1st is too much imo, it's one or the other + 2nd. I don't think there will be a bidding war for Tanev with his injury history + how poor the deals for Larsson and Hamonic each look now

Bracco + 1st + 2019 2nd for Tanev straight up is a deal I have thought would be fair for a very long time
I'd do this as a Canucks fan. Fair deal.

Gives us an extra pick for our draft in our own barn as well

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
I've said it before on these forums, Toronto and Canucks fans pretending that they could ever agree on a is laughable.

We're talking about a premier shut down d men in the league. Still younger and under control. And, Toronto's d (Mostly Gardiner) got undressed regularly.

Look at the Hamonic trade, good d are not cheap. I think my trade offer was fair. Burrows returned a 2nd rounder (Dahlen) on his own with an expiring contract.
I would counter with:
Were looking at an often injured shutdown D, who will be 29 this year (which I wouldn't call young), with only two years remaining on his contract and who does nothing to assist in scoring, which is Toronto's forte. Gardiner has his faults I agree but his total points from last year almost match Tanev's previous five years combined.
Looking at the price paid for Hamonic I doubt very much if Calgary is happy with this deal in hindsight.
Holding up another terrible deal and pointing at it is not helping your cause.
How many of these defensive overpays are viewed as good deals?
I think a 1st and a decent 'B' type prospect is fare value.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Jesus H Christ....way to miss the whole friggin point.

A. I am one of the most vocal Leafs fans supporting Tanev to Toronto.

B. You said Kapanen was worth less than Leafs fans think because HF posters (lol) don't value him. I asked if Tanev also has less value than Nucks fans think due to HF posters not wanting him because of injuries?

No, the point is that I’m not talking about Tanev. I’m talking specifically about Kapanen here. I didn’t say, “gee, players are never worth as much as their fan base thinks.” I asked when we’re going to stop pretending that Kapanen specifically isn’t as valuable as Leafs fans specifically think he is. If you want to talk about other potentially overvalued players that’s a different conversation. If you’re going to argue with me at least argue about the conversation I’m having instead of trying to steer it away from my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad