Proposal: I WANT TANEV!!!!! (TOR/VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
The Canucks need d prospects.

I would do Lilidgren and a 2nd.

For Tanev

Gives Toronto some stability. They lost to Boston because of bad d.

Gives the Canucks another d prospect which they desperately need.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
I've said it before on these forums, Toronto and Canucks fans pretending that they could ever agree on a is laughable.

We're talking about a premier shut down d men in the league. Still younger and under control. And, Toronto's d (Mostly Gardiner) got undressed regularly.

Look at the Hamonic trade, good d are not cheap. I think my trade offer was fair. Burrows returned a 2nd rounder (Dahlen) on his own with an expiring contract.

Reactions: nturn06

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Based on that proposal id say you don't actually want him at all. Good god that is new levels of awful.

You make it seem as though I've offered Matt Martin for Tanev.

A first and Kap has value. Maybe it doesn't suit your requirements/likes, but this is not "awful" at all.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
No way.....not worth giving up a 1st and 2nd and a player like Kapanen for a player who is always hurt. Plus, is Tanev that much better a defensive D? I'd rather sign a UFA like Carlson or De Haan. The Leafs aren't desperate (nor should they be) enough to give up that much. Patience Leafs fans....patience!

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

For Tanev

Gives the Canucks another d prospect which they desperately need

There's another Canadian team in blue that desperately needs him too is the issue. Liljegren is a non starter for Toronto

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I've said it before on these forums, Toronto and Canucks fans pretending that they could ever agree on a is laughable.

We're talking about a premier shut down d men in the league. Still younger and under control. And, Toronto's d (Mostly Gardiner) got undressed regularly.

Look at the Hamonic trade, good d are not cheap. I think my trade offer was fair. Burrows returned a 2nd rounder (Dahlen) on his own with an expiring contract.
Many Leafs fans (myself included) have offered that exact deal...1st+2nd+2nd/prospect

Reactions: zcaptain

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
No way.....not worth giving up a 1st and 2nd and a player like Kapanen for a player who is always hurt. Plus, is Tanev that much better a defensive D? I'd rather sign a UFA like Carlson or De Haan. The Leafs aren't desperate (nor should they be) enough to give up that much. Patience Leafs fans....patience!
I will only comment on the bold...yes, he is.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
To TOR
Chris Tanev
Cole Cassels

To VAN

2018 1st
Kasperi Kapanen
Dakota Joshua

Tanev will help put TOR's D into the realm of respectability.

Rielly Tanev
Gardiner Hainsey
Dermott Zaitsev
Borgman (7th D)

Tanev has never played more than 60 games and you want us to give up a first and Kap, no thanks!!!!!!!

Reactions: Cams

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015

First 28 is not young anymore lol.

Secondly Gardiner did not get undressed regularly during the season or during the Boston playoff series. You probably didn't watch him much.

Thirdly, Hamonic was less injury prone and had more term at the time he was traded. Also the 1st round the flames traded away was expected and valued at a later 1st rounder.

SteadyFreddie

Jun 11, 2018
To TOR
Chris Tanev
Cole Cassels

To VAN

2018 1st
Kasperi Kapanen
Dakota Joshua

Tanev will help put TOR's D into the realm of respectability.

Rielly Tanev
Gardiner Hainsey
Dermott Zaitsev
Borgman (7th D)
I don't think I'd be willing to get rid of Kapanen in this trade, and I don't think Dubas would either. I know fans from other teams think that we leaf fans overvalue Kapanen but realistically, I think he is going to be given his first real chance to shine next season. Kappy has never seen regular ice time on the top 2 lines, stuck playing with guys like Moore and Martin, but next season I feel like he will be given a chance in the top six and be given opportunities to thrive playing with guys like Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Kadri, etc.

He has elite speed and is an excellent penalty killer, and I think he's due for a breakout season, so getting rid of him in a package for an injury prone D-man doesn't really make sense from a leafs viewpoint.

Reactions: Cams

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Other than Dermott, Liljegren and Kapanen I don't have interest in any other prospects. I think Maple Leaf fan value those guys too much to trade them.
Young cost controlled assets are extremely important to a team like Toronto who are about to pay 3 players a lot of money long term. So ya I agree, can't see Toronto moving those 3 (especially the first 2) unless they is a big overpayment.

Reactions: 3headeddragon

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
When are we going to stop pretending that Kapanen has the value that Leafs fans think he does?
I am with you on this. If he is so great why isn't every other team asking....what will it cost to get kapanen? There isn't one person asking that so that should give away what his value is.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

For Tanev

Gives the Canucks another d prospect which they desperately need.

Use Dakota Joshua and flip him for a D prospect. I suggest you phone Nashville.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Tanev has never played more than 60 games and you want us to give up a first and Kap, no thanks!!!!!!!
Actually he’s had seasons of 64/69/70 games. He misses a lot. You don’t have to exaggerate

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I hate both teams. I hope you both lose 82 games next year so I have no skin in this one.

I never thought I would have to opportunity to say this on HF but here it is.......Leaf fans are putting forward some very reasonable offers.

I can’t believe Canuck fans can’t see a way to at least call them a starting point.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I am with you on this. If he is so great why isn't every other team asking....what will it cost to get kapanen? There isn't one person asking that so that should give away what his value is.
Hey, i like you logic....i will now value Tanev in the same way. In the very recent past, these threads have popped up:
Tanev to Tampa...Tampa fans response? No interest in Tanev.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/tampa-vancouver.2501939/#post-146754801
Tanev to Islanders...Isles fans response? No interest in Tanev.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/van-nyi.2501763/#post-146739853
Tanev to Canes...Canes fans response? No interest in Tanev.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/vancouver-carolina.2502245/#post-146780577
Tanev to Chicago...Hawks fans response? You guessed it....
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/canucks-x-blackhawks-trade.2501641/#post-146728387

So now, should we say Tanev has no value?

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON

So because nobody on here (HFBoards!) isn't asking these questions, it means no real NHL GMs have interest?

Reactions: SteadyFreddie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->