I thought Larry Quinn was the worst thing to happen to Sabres Hockey. I was wrong.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Probably based on this: Kim Pegula to AP: Botterill returning as Sabres' GM (yahoo.com)

“I realize, maybe it’s not popular with the fans, but we have to do the things that we feel are right,” she said. “We have a little bit more information than maybe a fan does, some inner workings that we see some positives in.”

It's an exaggeration of her statement, but the statement doesn't really lend them any credibility since the Pegulas fired Botterill a few days after making the statement
Reading that title made my heart stop for a moment until I realized the article is a year old.

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
Reading that title made my heart stop for a moment until I realized the article is a year old.
Rumors of Eichel/Reinhart trades after their comments, Adams/Granato talking about culture and attitude and magic, it sure does feel like he creeped back into the organization without anyone noticing

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
I've been doing some more playing with data. I thought I'd ask myself, who has been the worst team over a longer period of time. So I put together the rolling seven year average of season P% and showed who had the worst rolling average in each year. The grey marker is the best performing team in that year.

It's not perfect I haven't factored in some things like making sure a team has been around for seven years so the 95 Sens show the worst-ever result over the entire 100 years of data, but that's partly due to it only being an average of three years. I'll probably tweak that later. I'm interested to see who has the true worst-ever 7 year average. It also means that 2005 - 2012 is a transition period going from pre-shootout era to the current shootout era so you see the worst P% average increasing each year throughout that time.

It's interesting to see that although we've been bad, we are not as bad as the 2015 Edmonton Oilers were.

Capture (1).PNG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad