i thought guys like girard and hudler would have stayed up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayne

Feb 27, 2003
ontario
Visit site
i read today the hudler and other were sent down by the wings and jonathan girard and others were sent down by the bruins.

As a hab fan who often watches the french telecast i heard alot of good things about girard, i assumed that positive pre season play and boyton holdout would have secured girards position.

hey Kos went down to the bulldogs and i hear brule and semonov may be prospects going down to the farm for their respective clubs. I guess every team has number crunch to do and 1 way or two way contract etc....

it just seemed surprising about hudler and girard, i guess more may be coming.

slumpy43

Mar 30, 2005
USA
I agree that it is surprising that those guys are going down considereing their fairly strong play. Let's keep in mind that Girard just came back from a major accident and did not play a whole lot of games. He might play a few games in the A to get plenty of ice time and expect him to come back in the lineup during the course of the season. As for Hudler, there's no room at the center position on the top 2 lines right now. Maybe next year....

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Hudler will get his chance next year, guys like him either get top 2 line minutes or they're not worth putting on a 4th line, so Babcock said he and Filppula will get all the time they can get in the AHL this year.

I'm assuming that next year the Wings will bring up Grigorenko, Hudler, and Filppula all together with the big club and start the new youth movement.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
i hear brule and semonov may be prospects going down to the farm for their respective clubs

In Brule's case, he will either play in Columbus or for the Vancouver Giants. He can't play AHL. I think he'll at least start the season with Columbus. They have never been afraid to play a young guy right away.

Sammy*

Vatican Roulette said:
I was more surprised to here that Semenov might be sent down. I guess the new NHL has to have defenseman that can skate.
Do you watch hockey?
Semenov is a pretty good skater.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Sammy said:
Do you watch hockey?
Semenov is a pretty good skater.

I'm pretty sure he watches hockey.

Why don't you enlighten everyone as to why Semenov's being sent down if it's not his skating.

Fincan

Aug 1, 2002
LordStanleysPlace
Visit site
Vatican Roulette said:
I was more surprised to here that Semenov might be sent down. I guess the new NHL has to have defenseman that can skate.

Skating is definitely not one of Semenovs problems. Yes he could improve his agility some but he is a very fast skater. A few years ago he was one of the fastest skaters in the Oilers skills competition. Yes I know it is different than in a game, but I was just using that to back up my point that he can skate.

He has played very well in the past few games and before that his issue seemed to be making bone headed plays like not covering his guy, not making the safe play with the puck and a few too many penalties without the nastiness you would like to see from a Dman his size etc. But Like I said he has been better in the past few games. I also think it was just idle threats by MacT as Semenov would have had to clear waivers to get sent down (Im pretty sure of this, too lazy to look it up right now) which he would not have done. He will be in the top 6 in Edmonton, especially since Cross blows and is not adjusting well to the new rules.

Sammy*

Spitfire11 said:
I'm pretty sure he watches hockey.

Why don't you enlighten everyone as to why Semenov's being sent down if it's not his skating.
Heres a news flash. Cause he didnt play very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->