I think the Philly media has a complex

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
The only player I really don't want to see the Flyers draft is Seth Jones. I like him way too much to see him in that sweater. If they're drafting anyone else, tank away!

Heisenberg Pgh

Mar 28, 2013
To be the best you have to beat the best!

All they really want to do is do better than the Pens. While Pens fans go on cheering their team, Flyer fans simply root for another team to fail. I don't even care about Philly this year. The only team on my radar at this point is the Habs.

Philly could win the rest of their games this season and I wouldn't give a damn. They just don't matter anymore this year. They're irrevelant!

SID87BORG

Dec 9, 2010
Montreal
Also, since they made it to the Finals three seasons ago they've had one hell of a roster turnover, for the bad.

Danny Briere, Claude Giroux, Scott Hartnell, Simon Gagne & Kimmo Timonen are the only key holdovers from that team. Briere is on his way out. Gagne left, came back and is about washed up. Timonen is old. That's a lot of personnel change. The never ending revolving door hasn't worked as well for them. Core players and complimentary players both.

I thought he refuse to waive his NTC? That's what they said on French RDS the other night.

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
The comments are the best part of the article and even they aren't that great.

Living here people go out of their way to tell me Pittsburgh sucks. I've gotten used to it. :dunno:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I understand why the Flyers traded Carter away, but why Richards? Was it all because of Bryzgalov's contract? Was it because Pronger and Richards didn't get along? Was it because Laviolette didn't like Richards?

I know there are certain circumstances the Flyers didn't anticipate, like Pronger's concussion and Bryzgalov sucking. Is it too early to say the Flyers were the losers in those trades?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad