I think Tampa Bay needs to close the deal with a Cup, who else?

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Over the past four years, TB has a made a SCF, two ECFs, were the #1 EC seed last year and are first overall currently. I think anything else other than a Cup is disappointment for them and need to close the deal like the Caps did. Anyone in this position?

You could argue Nashville maybe.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
The NHL is far too volatile for any team to be considered a disappointment if they, say, lose in the ECF.

With that said, I think Tampa is the current cup favorite, and the high expectations of them are mostly warranted.

Reactions: bigtim1988

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
If Nashville is Healthly come playoff time. look out

way i see it
Tampa
Nashville
Caps
Leafs
Jets
Pen ( Yeah yeah yeah, pens "suck" now i get it, come playoff time they give it their all though)

All have pretty good chances

Reactions: bigtim1988

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
If Nashville is Healthly come playoff time. look out

way i see it
Tampa
Nashville
Caps
Leafs
Jets
Pen ( Yeah yeah yeah, pens "suck" now i get it, come playoff time they give it their all though)

All have pretty good chances

Besides Pittsburgh and Washington, who’ve already won, it’s somewhat urgent for all of those teams. They’re all contenders now. But the bottom feeding teams today will keep adding new top talent while today’s contenders draft 25th overall. Eventually, the field either evens out, or new contenders emerge and replace today’s existing contenders. Then there’s the cap, which hurts today’s contenders. Gotta take advantage while you can.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Lightning cap situation certainly looks better than the Leafs or the Jets. I think those team are more in need of going all in.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Not sure what this means, but if you mean it's Cup or bust for the Lightning this year, I agree.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Over the past four years, TB has a made a SCF, two ECFs, were the #1 EC seed last year and are first overall currently. I think anything else other than a Cup is disappointment for them and need to close the deal like the Caps did. Anyone in this position?

You could argue Nashville maybe.

Penguins and Sid.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The NHL is far too volatile for any team to be considered a disappointment if they, say, lose in the ECF.

With that said, I think Tampa is the current cup favorite, and the high expectations of them are mostly warranted.
Of course it's disappointing for us, it's Cup or bust for us. Doesn't mean it's a bad result, but disappointing as hell.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
They won in 2004 so I don't feel too bad but I agree they need to make a splash to put themselves over the top if they want to capitalize on this window
Yeah if we had never won one yet I would be really worked up about it at this point, but I'm definitely starting to get anxious. Don't want this core to go empty handed. Would be a damn shame because they're the best we've ever had.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
amU.gif

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
They definitely need to win atleast one with this core. They've been very good last number of years and have had opportunities to come close.

With Stamkos and Hedman only getting older, their cup-window decreases over time obviously so their time is now.

They were my favourite last year, but ran into a determined Caps team. They're also my favourite this year as well. With players like Kucherov, Point, McDonagh, Segachev, Gourde, and Palat it's easy to consider them among the top 2 in the league in front of Nashville/Winnipeg.

They are so deep and run like a well-oiled machine. You add a Vezina-caliber goalie in Vasilevskiy and it's a very tough 4 outs for any team.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Tampa has also missed the playoffs three times in the past seven years, also. I'll agree that this year might be their best shot at the Final and the Cup Next year the Leafs might be considered better and just getting out of the Atlantic will be problem.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
If Tampa doesn't win a cup during this window it will go down as one of the biggest failures in sports history. The team is absurdly stacked. Between the tax benefits allowing them to sign talent on the cheap, their great drafting always getting them top guys on ELC's and the Rags bending over for them and sending them assets on the cheap you really can't ask for more help to succeed. I honestly think they're more stacked than the Caps teams that didn't win. Nashville probably resembles those caps teams more as they've been consistently dominant for some time while Tampa has been all over the place, even missing the playoffs a few years back.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
They should. They have 10x the talent the Rangers had when they made the SCF and 2 ECF in 4 year span.

Bolts should have won a Cup by now.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Hedman getting older? He is 27 (soon 28). Hardly much of a rush for a D. Tampa should have quite a few years as contenders left.

Reactions: AmbulanceChaser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad