I think Kadri Travares Marner...

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
This will be more of a situational line depending on who they're playing and what the score is.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
I still remember how we all used to beat down on the kid that was Kadri, I like how he has turned it around to become a core player.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Ounce Nylander is back and up to speed Nylander can take his place on the 3rd line.

Do you not watch the games? Do you not know where kadri excells? Kadri is one of the best two way centers in the leauge wether or not the main boards want to admit it.

His job is to play against top lines look at his qoc numbers, look at his corsi.putting kadri on the wing is not only stupid anyone who suggests it clearly has no understanding of the role kadri plays. Kadri is one of the most valuable players we have. I would not trade him for anything other than a bonifide number 1 stud dman. Even then id gulp when doing it.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Tavares and Marner will be lethal enough with Hyman on the wing. No need to waste Kadri's strength at centre to add to that line.

Kadri is going to feast on weaker opposition like he never has before in his career.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
My reasoning is Nylander. I think he's that good that he can replace Kadri as centre without any loss in performance so to speak. Plus it would be good for Nylander's confidence playing against 3rd line players.
Willy is not a center our coach sure as hell does not think he is and our GM was looking at signing a 3rd line center in free agency before we signed JT.

Willy is not a center and can not out play Kadri at that position.

Reactions: Notsince67

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Ennis JT Marner
Marleau Mathews Nylander
Hyman Kadri Leivo
Cracknell X Brown

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Injuries happen. Nylander (if he ever returns) will get time at centre. But it's nuts to put Nylander at centre if means removing Kadri from his centre position. Actually does see LW time on the PP, replacing Hyman.

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
I like the idea of maximizing 2 highly skilled players with a good hardworking 3rd line type player to get the most out of him. Instead of putting 3 all stars on one line and then having 3rd liners produce third line numbers while the top line gets maybe 10 extra goals. We have 3 guys who I think turn from 3rd/4th line numbers to legit 40pt players beside our best guys while taking very little away. Considering we have so many top end guys this pretty much means we can run 3/ 60+ goal lines and eat up most of the minutes. Save the stacking for our PP units.

Hyman - Mathews - Nylander =70-90goals
Ennis - Tavares - Marner =70-80goals
Marleau - Kadri - Kapanen = 50-65goals
Johnsson- Lindholm - Brown = 25-40goals

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
I still think it should be:

Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
Kapanen - Tavares - Marner
Hyman - Kadri - Brown
Leivo / Johnsson - Lindholm - Ennis

Proper shut down third line. Marner has someone who can keep up with him speed wise

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
No checking line then?

Well, as you can see, people don't want a player like Leivo who can provide muscle and who can drive possession along the boards. No muscle, no checking. they think Johnsson and Ennis are adequat replacements for what Leivo can do, even though they get repeatedly knocked down and off the puck and a player like Leivo can drive himself (and the puck) through a defending team.

Reactions: Pookie

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I still think it should be:

Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
Kapanen - Tavares - Marner
Hyman - Kadri - Brown
Leivo / Johnsson - Lindholm - Ennis

Proper shut down third line. Marner has someone who can keep up with him speed wise

I’m not sure that shut down line is as proper as we’d like to think.

I also don’t know if we need a “shut down” line for much of the game. Matching it against a top line would limit the mins to Matthews and Tavares’ lines.

Time to rethink.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
You don't touch the best team down the middle in the NHL. We are second to no one with Matthews-Tavares-Kadri. Its a matchup nightmare for any opposition team. You don't mess with this.

Finding Kadri a consistent set of wingers should be the plan. Nothing else.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
You don't touch the best team down the middle in the NHL. We are second to no one with Matthews-Tavares-Kadri. Its a matchup nightmare for any opposition team. You don't mess with this.

Finding Kadri a consistent set of wingers should be the plan. Nothing else.
His wingers look fine this season.

I'd expect around 20-25 goals and 50 points for Kadri with his reduced time at ES though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad