Advice: I think I broke my ass, need suggestions ***Update in original post***

izzy3

Dec 3, 2009
I was thinking that there was not much that a Dr can do about a broken tail bone. I did this injury right at the beginning of my busy season so I really did not have time to see a Dr until after April 15th. Now I waited a whole year and I am back into my busy season, I guess i made a bad choice in waiting. At least I have my wife to remind me every day about everything that I have done wrong in my life. So I have that going for me.

If it is still bothering me in a few months I will make an appointment.

It also hurts when I push out a nice trouser cough.

You sure you ain't just testing your stand-up material on us? Well if yes, hell it's good. :handclap:

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
tough it out. don't let those wimps tell you that you need a doctor. just lean forward whenever you sit down, and drink a bleepload of alcohol to self medicate. in fact you probably should start drinking at work.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
as someone who has had this injury let me say, go see a doctor!!!! most likely he/she will tell you, "yep, you broke your coccyx and there's not a damn thing I can do for you other than maybe give you some meds." but at least you'll have ruled out anything that's spinal related.
next go visit your local medical supply store and buy one of these:
Coccyx-Cushion-191796-Cushion-191796-PRODUCT-MEDIUM_IMAGE.jpg

plan on taking it everywhere you go, especially the movies. it will make sitting, and therefore getting up a lot less painful. anyone who laughs at this injury has clearly not had it.
I had the exact same injury 7 years ago after getting slew-footed. it was a good 18 months before I could sit (and get up) without pain.

Last edited:

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
To the OP sorry man but your thread title is hilarious! :laugh:

In all seriousness though you should go see a doctor

Evergreen

I was thinking that there was not much that a Dr can do about a broken tail bone. I did this injury right at the beginning of my busy season so I really did not have time to see a Dr until after April 15th. Now I waited a whole year and I am back into my busy season, I guess i made a bad choice in waiting. At least I have my wife to remind me every day about everything that I have done wrong in my life. So I have that going for me.

If it is still bothering me in a few months I will make an appointment.

It also hurts when I push out a nice trouser cough.

1. Well you certainly aren't going to find out what a doctor could do to help by...you know...not seeing the doctor...

2. Why would you keep waiting and waiting? Broken bones eventually heal themselves. But if your tailbone was displaced by the injury and it has now healed in a bad position, then waiting is only going to make things worse. You are really making some bad decisions here, my friend.

Don't be stupid. Go see a doctor - ortho would be best.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
1. Well you certainly aren't going to find out what a doctor could do to help by...you know...not seeing the doctor...

2. Why would you keep waiting and waiting? Broken bones eventually heal themselves. But if your tailbone was displaced by the injury and it has now healed in a bad position, then waiting is only going to make things worse. You are really making some bad decisions here, my friend.

Don't be stupid. Go see a doctor - ortho would be best.

The irony is if that's the case they might have to re-break it to set it properly. My man rule of thumb with injuries or illness is I'll give them about a week if I don't think it's broken or needs stitches. To go months in pain is just idiotic with the health care we have available to us. I went about 6 days with what I though might be strep, waited, didnt get better or worse, went to Urgent Care yesterday, took 2 pills and it's gone. Will i get hit with a bill for going to Urgent Care? Possibly. Is it worth not feeling like you have a piece of glass in your throat? Absolutely.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
Damn. Can't wait until I lose about five more pounds and can fit back into my Tacklas. You guys are making me nervous.

it's one of the worst. right up there with a severe concussion. there's just not much you can do to heal it other than time. the worst is when you get up from the sitting position. it's like the pressure releases and it hurts like Hell!
even though I probably shouldn't have I was able to keep playing. I just had to hop over the boards a different way and when I fell do everything I could to not land on it.

Gentle Ben Ken0bi

Sep 8, 2005
tough it out. don't let those wimps tell you that you need a doctor. just lean forward whenever you sit down, and drink a bleepload of alcohol to self medicate. in fact you probably should start drinking at work.

Well, today happens to be Beer Friday so I will get started at 4:00.

Gentle Ben Ken0bi

Sep 8, 2005
it's one of the worst. right up there with a severe concussion. there's just not much you can do to heal it other than time. the worst is when you get up from the sitting position. it's like the pressure releases and it hurts like Hell!
even though I probably shouldn't have I was able to keep playing. I just had to hop over the boards a different way and when I fell do everything I could to not land on it.

You nailed it exactly.

Last week I fell onto my ass, luckily it was not onto my vistigial tail.

Gentle Ben Ken0bi

Sep 8, 2005
as someone who has had this injury let me say, go see a doctor!!!! most likely he/she will tell you, "yep, you broke your coccyx and there's not a damn thing I can do for you other than maybe give you some meds." but at least you'll have ruled out anything that's spinal related.
next go visit your local medical supply store and buy one of these:
Coccyx-Cushion-191796-Cushion-191796-PRODUCT-MEDIUM_IMAGE.jpg

plan on taking it everywhere you go, especially the movies. it will make sitting, and therefore getting up a lot less painful. anyone who laughs at this injury has clearly not had it.
I had the exact same injury 7 years ago after getting slew-footed. it was a good 18 months before I could sit (and get up) without pain.

My wife and I are mostly only going to the hoytie toytie movie theaters that have recliners because the chairs in the other theaters sucks.

If it took 18 months to heal, I am almost there.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
My wife and I are mostly only going to the hoytie toytie movie theaters that have recliners because the chairs in the other theaters sucks.

If it took 18 months to heal, I am almost there.

oddly for me the softer surfaces hurt more than say, a wooden bench.
and remember, 18 months was my healing time. yours could be more.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
That sounds like a brutal injury, don't even want to imagine having it.

The title of this thread made me laugh my ass off for at least a good 2 minutes straight by the way :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad