I think 3 years down the road this is how people will see the 2005 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
when all is said and done this is how I think most people will make their top 5:

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Jack Johnson
3. Dan Bertram
4. Gilbert Brule
5. Andrew Cogliano

the Hawks lucked out in getting Bertram...a top 5 talent in the draft who never got alot of playing time so he feel.

Roy G Biv*

scoutman1 said:
when all is said and done this is how I think most people will make their top 5:

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Jack Johnson
3. Dan Bertram
4. Gilbert Brule
5. Andrew Cogliano

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Jack Johnson
73. Dan Bertram
3. Gilbert Brule
127. Andrew Cogliano

Ogopogo*

Brule is overrated.

He will be a journeyman NHLer, at best.

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
scoutman1 said:

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Jack Johnson
3. Dan Bertram
4. Gilbert Brule
5. Andrew Cogliano

the Hawks lucked out in getting Bertram...a top 5 talent in the draft who never got alot of playing time so he feel.

6.Price
7.Latendresse

:yo:

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Ogopogo said:
LMAO.

You're biased.

I base my opinion on watching Brule during the WHL playoffs. He didn't do anything that impressed me that much.

he got shut down by Shea Weber, I'm glad we have him to know what Brule's tendancies are ... :yo:

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
scoutman1 said:

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Jack Johnson
3. Dan Bertram
4. Gilbert Brule
5. Andrew Cogliano

I agree with Cogliano being in the top 5 possibly, but definately not Bertram and it won't be viewed like that in 3 years. I would be surprised if Cogliano is in the NHL in 3 years.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Hedberg said:
I agree with Cogliano being in the top 5 possibly, but definately not Bertram and it won't be viewed like that in 3 years. I would be surprised if Cogliano is in the NHL in 3 years.

you really don't know how good Bertram really is, he will be a better player than Brule in the future...would have been a better player in the WHL this year if he would have taken that route.

KariyaIsGod*

Zagrapan looks like he has a ton of potential too. Lots of possibly good players.

Crosby though yeah...

He got shut down by a dryer... BUST!

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
scoutman1 said:

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Jack Johnson
3. Dan Bertram
4. Gilbert Brule
5. Andrew Cogliano

That looks sort of like the top fives people were posting for this draft back in 2003. I think you're just trying to revive hype that died for a reason. Bertram and Cogliano could end up being good but they aren't the elite players they were viewed as years ago.

Jacky Robert

Aug 17, 2005
Chestnut Hill, MA
scoutman1 said:

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Jack Johnson
3. Dan Bertram
4. Gilbert Brule
5. Andrew Cogliano

Next season will be a big year for Bertram. He had an injury plagued freshman year, but should be a big time scorer for BC this fall. His size is still an issue, but he has great hands.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
It's gonna be the 80's all over again. A Stastny (Paul) second, only behind generational player Sidney Crosby. Well, it would be sweet if that happened.

Then the Avs will trade for Yan Stastny and bring Michal over from Italy :yo:

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
You are way out on a limb with Bertram- He is small and not all that fast. Saw him in the intersquad game and he was just bounced around. I think he is a long shot to make the NHl let alone star. Doubt he makes the Junior National Team.

Cogilano is really small. Also he has never even played major Junior. Projecting him as future star is total guess work. Moreover the guy is also pretty complete as hockey player right now. I don't see him having that much upside.

Guys, who were outside the top 5, who have chance of ultimately might be seen as top 5 include IMO

1. Kopitar
2. Bourdon
3. Hanzal
4. Staal
5. Parent

bean7

May 18, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
I think Bobby Ryan will live up to his lofty draft position. Say what you want about Bertram, Brule, Cogliano or anyone else, Bobby Ryan has the talent and size to succeed in the NHL and I'm certain he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad