I really hope this is a lesson for the Americans this year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
The game is not played by one player and it is not played on paper. I called it before the tourney started as far as their D was concerned and got ragged on by alot of posters. I think most USA people thought Kessel would score 5 goals a game, but it just doesn't happen in a tourney like this. I hope this is a lesson learned.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
HabLover said:
The game is not played by one player and it is not played on paper. I called it before the tourney started as far as their D was concerned and got ragged on by alot of posters. I think most USA people thought Kessel would score 5 goals a game, but it just doesn't happen in a tourney like this. I hope this is a lesson learned.

i hope youre not trying to stuff it into anyones face...bc despite the fact you think all americans are stuck up and thought they would walk right through this tourney, the intelligent american fans new it would not go that way.....i in fact was about to make a thread to say that this tourney shows the difference between the american hockey culture and that of the canadians. canada was not suppose to be nearly as good on paper, but its the pride and the heart that often makes the difference, and in this tourney you can tell the usa just has not shown the facets necessary to win this tourney while canada showed through hard work and grit why they are what they are to hockey....however, its said that there are to many canadian fans who think it necessary to rub the americans faces in it. you dont need to disgrace your countrymen by showing such lack of class

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
HabLover said:

Honestly, it was the Canadian press that was hyping them as the favourites. How the media could ignore this Russian team is beyond me. They look unstoppable.

Phanuthier*

Well there are alot of great players on this USA squad that will do great things in the NHL (I'm particularly impressed by Erik Johnson) but tieing the Swiss (the "who" team), losing to Canada (underdogs), barely making it over the Czechs and now getting smoked 5-1?

Ouch

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
HabLover said:

Ummmmm, the CANADIAN Media were the main people hyping up the US. I hope a lesson is learned :rolleyes:

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
It's such a shame that hockey posters have trouble showing respect towards other hockey posters no matter their nationality than to just rub their noses into it.

Feakin' pathetic and petty.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad