I Never Liked That Wrestler Except The Time...

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Who are some wrestlers you never cared for except the time they portrayed one particular gimmick or during a certain feud or storyline?

I don't really like or care for anything out of Hogan's career except his time in the nWo. He was actually somehow kind of cool when he was in that faction and to those who know how shady he always was, he probably seemed more authentic during that period of his career than any of the times he was booked as some sort of a hero.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
The only time I ever really cared about Kane was the first few weeks after he lost his mask. Probably that whole summer.

JBL during his WWE title reign. Didn't enjoy anything he did before or after that. When he won the title, I thought it was ridiculous but he very quickly became a credible champion.

I don't really know if this is what you're looking for but another one I thought of: although I always found his ring work impressive, as a character I only l liked Tuson Kidd when he was with Cesaro. Before that, I thought he was so uncharasmatic. Not that he was The Rock, but with Cesaro, he showed some entertaining personality. Plus Cesaro and Kidd were an awesome tag team that got really over. I wonder where they could have gone if Kidd didn't get injured. I really think they could have been an all-time classic team.

Shawn Michaels as a heel. I always thought he was a terrible babyface.

Reactions: Kaner9

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Wasn’t really a fan of Mark Henry until he faked his retirement speech and destroyed Cena, I thought that was incredible

He's one for me too. I think that segment is literally the only time I liked what Henry was doing. I think it's one of the best segments of all-time. Everything else he has done hasn't been very good. Somehow still in the hall of fame.

If ever there was a ****ing time for Cena to do the job, this was it.

Henry should have destroyed Cena.

I disagree. The strength of that one segment wasn't enough to warrant putting the title on Henry. What would have been the Summerslam main event? Nothing was going to top Cena vs. Bryan.

Reactions: CDJ

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I never liked Cena except against Edge. Kind same story with Johnny Wrestling except against Blackheart.

I only like Snitsky when he punts a baby.

Reactions: Sam Cogliano

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
I never cared for Ziggler until around Wrestlemania last year. I don't exactly remember what did it, but I just remember my opinion of him changing and I've grown to like him.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I never cared for Ziggler until around Wrestlemania last year. I don't exactly remember what did it, but I just remember my opinion of him changing and I've grown to like him.
I've always been a fan of Ziggler. I find him quite underrated when considering modern wrestlers. Booking aside, he's always good in-ring and is a top notch seller. A great and steady upper mid-card hand who's proven he can work babyface or heel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->