I need this therory tested (discussion)

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Hi Guys

Thanks for taking a look at this question/theory/assumption????

As a Canuck fan, we are in the middle of a rebuild, which I am sure you are all aware of.

I have presented to collect multiple picks by way of what I call "cap space manipulate"

What I need is for the more learned to take a look and tell me if it is valid or whether I am OTL

I thank you again in advance, for even humoring this, as I am sure it is more than obvious to you.

Ok the theory...if you want to call it that. So we have several players that could be moved, and we have

excess capspace, as we have a to the max. ceiling owner (not that it has helped!)

What I propose the Canucks do is trade and up grade...……

The Canucks Projected Capspace on $75,000,000 ceiling is $22,000,000 ( estimated to be 26,000,000 once
the new cap is announced)

We have 5 RFA that need to be resigned at approx. $2,000,000 per...….....give or take.
(Virtanen, Baertschi, Granlund, Stecher and Pouliot) let's not get hung up on them or their cap hits.....

So I suggest we move.....Sutter, Baertschi, and M Del Zotto for picks only (just take these as examples Plz
The returns expected are mid 2nd's and 3rd's

I have suggested an overpayment on Stastny ($7,500,000), with Sutter ($4,375,000)being the player traded . The difference being (3,125,000 per year) Stastny has a better Face off percentage (2%) and
is again a much better offensive player.

I have also suggested trading MDZ ($3,000,000) and signing De Haan (Offer $4,750,000) (about a 50% raise) in the same manner`, again a small up grade in talent and a recovery of Picks for ($1,750,000)

And also Baertschi for Riley Nash, with a very close net increase...………………….

In these cases, my expectation for picks is a 2nd, and 2 - 3rds, a modest expectation

I have run into road blocks when suggesting using our cap this way, instead of taking a cap dump,
which in most cases the cap dump having declined and with meager skills

I hope I have articulated this well enough, and it makes sense at this point in our rebuild...….

Plz respond, thanks!

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
See what you are trying to do but you have to do it from both ends. Loui Eriksson is your biggest cap burden, especially his huge bonus due July 1. Package him with possibly a 2nd rounder for a lesser hit like a Jason Pominville.

Use the positive differential for low risk, high return types like you did with Sam Gagner who could be moved for picks at the trade deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->