I need some help from some prospect experts

norton17

Jan 15, 2006
I've got a whole list of prospects on a fantasy team that I don't know much about so I was looking for some useful insight on any and all of the players.

Duncan Milroy
Pavel Vorobiev
Loui Eriksson
Rod Sarich
John Doherty
Mark Fistric
Stefan Ruzicka
Brian Collins
Darcy Robinson
Sergei Kliazmine
Vladimir Gorbunov
Ivan Nepriayev
Kevin Nastiuk
Kiel McLeod
Edward Caron
Martti Jarventie
Billy Thompson
Patrik Valcak
Alex Goligoski
Clayton Barthel
Alexander Nikulin
Richard Demen-Willaume
Jaroslav Mrazek
Stanislav Balan
Brandon Yip
Vladimir Mihalik
Kristopher Letang
Mark Fraser
Raymond Macias
Cal O'Reilly
Juho Mielonen
Scott Todd

Any info on these guys would be much appreciated.
I'd even like to see what some people think my top 10 would look like.

I used to know lots about prospects before the strike/lockout but I admittedly don't know much anymore.

Thanks guys

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Your top 10 should include:
Alex Goligoski
Kristopher Letang

Several players listed are AHL career guys (like Milroy) or won't come back in North America (Jarventie).....

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Pavel Vorobiev
Loui Eriksson
Mark Fistric
Stefan Ruzicka
Kevin Nastiuk
Alex Goligoski
Vladimir Mihalik
Kristopher Letang

Cal O'Reilly

My top 9.
The ones in bold are the ones I believe will have the best NHL careers. Out of all of them I think Letang will be the best.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Only these guys have any value imo

Pavel Vorobiev
Loui Eriksson
Mark Fistric
Stefan Ruzicka
Kevin Nastiuk
Alex Goligoski
Vladimir Mihalik
Kristopher Letang

Best would be Letang, Eriksson, Ruzicka and Goligoski

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Brandon Yip has been out of BU's lineup for about a month now with a dislocated shoulder.

John Doherty is a UNH transfer playing at Quinnipiac right now and having a pretty good year so far.

I don't consider myself a "prospect expert" but what else would like to know about these two?

I can give you the goods on Alex Goligoski too, but we have enough of the Gopher Nation here that they'll be more than happy to chime in on him, so I'll leave it to them.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Cal O'Reilly is an excellent little sleeper prospect. A late round pick of the Predators. Last year he had over 80 assists in the OHL with the Spitfires, and he's a hard little worker. He earned a contract from the Preds and is having quite the excellent rookie season in the AHL. I believe he's got about 14 points in 16 games, which is excellent considering I thought he'd have some trouble adjusting to the pro game, considering he's on the smaller side (a generous 5'11). Think of him as a Kyle Wellwood part deux. They've travelled down very similar paths, but Wellwood got a lot more press/fanfare around here simply because he's a Leafs prospect. O'Reilly is a much better skater, then Wellwood was coming out of junior (which was his biggest knock). He doesn't quite have the puck skills or the goal scoring ability of Wellwood though. But he's every bit as good of a playmaker, if not better IMO. He's also a better player in traffic and goes to the net harder (although don't mistake him for a PF).

He's a really solid prospect IMO, and eventually he's going to get some sort of attention if he keeps producing as he has. Mckeens had some very, very positive things to say about him in their latest AHL game report of the Admirals. Basically saying he was the Preds second best prospect behind Radulov on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad