Post-Game Talk (GBU): I need an Alka-Sulzer after that one.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
a game where we clearly needed a momentum shaker and as the announcers noted Ott was the only one trying...why is McNabb here if he throws one hit a game and is invisible?
It really sucks watching westcoast hockey games then watching us glide around avoiding hits and playing soft mediocre outlet hockey...sorry I get upset when we lose to Philly lol

I hate the Flyers too. I'm not complaining about the hitting last night. The Sabres outhit them 26 to 6 (home rink bias?).

Also, sometimes it's good when you don't notice a defensemen. I don't need McNabb trying for the huge hit all the time and taking himself out of position.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Sabres just let wave after wave of Flyers to attack in the 3rd... when the score was 2-1 and 2-2. Flyers let up a little at 3-2, but Buffalo went into full-shell mode after tying the game at 3.

Buffalo was playing for OT, Philly was playing to win.

Oh well, keep calm and tank on.

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
Stop going after Sulzer, he might be the most important player on our roster for our tanking season :sarcasm:

Good

- D'OH - great game by that line today and I love that name :laugh:
- It's great to see Hodgson back, he might have his shortcomings but he is one of the few guys on this roster who has genuine offensive talent
- Konopka on Faceoffs
- Goals! Finally, goals!
- Spectacular Enroth...

Bad

- ... which led to floppy Enroth. He was only able to make two of his highlight-reel save because he was so out of position for what would otherwise have been routine saves.
- Omark - Leino - Flynn, they didn't play too bad but I'm never really comfortable when that line is on the ice, feel like the need very sheltered minutes and even then they aren't very dangerous offensively

Ugly

- Sulzer-Weber, the pairing itself is terribad to begin with and then they get that much ice-time as well. But I guess this is part of the road to a top-pick.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Knucklehead hockey

Wasn't able to contribute to the GBU until today but this was knucklehead hockey at its Buffalo best….

Chief nominees for knuckleheads of the game include the defensive plays made (not made) by Weber, Pysyk, Sulzer and whomever else (Ennis?… having a hard time remembering who was in either play) on the 3rd period Philly goals. Way to take your own goalie out of the play guys.

Also can't forget Konopka's contribution in giving Philly multiple power play opportunities that resulted in Flyer goals.

Got to wonder what he's doing on this team and on the ice……

Replay of Sabres/Leafs on at 12:30 am. Can't stay up for it and I don't have a dvd recorder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad