I need a scouting report on 2004 Prospect Mike Card of the Kelowna Rockets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreek

Feb 28, 2002
New York
Visit site
Where do you see him going in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft? He looked to have had a solid rookie campaign last season with the Rockets and got quality minutes on what turned out to be a great team. Is he the real deal or is he the second coming of Guelph's Jiri Dritna? What kind of impact do you suspect he will have in the NHL? What current NHLer's would you compare him to? How does he stack up against other top defense prospects such as Phaneuf, Seabrook, Barker, Coburn, and Belle. Thanks!

Avery4Byng*

watched him again last night. smooth player, hard shot, very patient. i only question how physical he is and how physically involved he is willing to get. otherwise he is a solid prospect who plays a well rounded game, could pay more attention to defense. reminds me in a way of Duncan Keith. very mature on the ice and always just the easy play and solid passes, will be a solid pro.

Reactions: The Liker

Hitman*

He's one of the 'Big 8" coming out of the WHL this year. He has a well rounded game and isn't afraid to be phyical but his strength is offense. Will need a couple years in Kelowna to mature. Probably the best D prospect in the WHL this year though.

I wouldn't compare him to Phaneuf

Roomer

aki said:
I disagree. He's miles behind Barker IMO.

I doubt that he is miles behind Barker. IMO Barker is very overated. He's a -5 in his first 2 games this year. Doesn't seem to have improved alot. Watched him at the U-18 Tryouts, and thought he played so poorly that he was a candidate to be cut. His attitude is questionable.

Card looks as though he will continue to grow as a player, and may be the better prospect.

I predict that with all I hear about Barker's attitude, and his lack of any sort of defensive game, he will drop somewhat by year's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->