I need a new stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Odds are you are not good enough to get any benifiets from a cynergy stick. Pro's only get about 5 extra miles per hour. They also lose feel handling the puck and break aton of these sticks which cost 200+. I still use wood and can fire the puck around 80 MPH. I also get my sticks for 20-30 dollars.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Funny thing (only if you've seen "This is Spinal Tap") that I noticed when I picked up an Easton Stealth yesterday. Easton places a Performance rating on each stick, basically on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best. For the Stealth, they label with 11.

I wanted to buy it just for that, but laying down $250 for a stick is a bit out of my sanity right now.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
HUGE WASTE OF MONEY!!

If you actually believe that these $200 sticks make a difference you're having a placebo effect.

The hardest shot ever recorded was with a wood stick and if you find them too heavy go hit up the gym for a few bucks instead.

I have one wood stick and a graphite Bauer shaft I picked up for $50 - I prefer wood. I've tried one piece sticks and was not very impressed. I'm telling you straight up that it's a gimmick. Unless you're in the NHL and the tiniest edge makes a difference YOU ARE WASTING CASH.

Go to Canadian Tire, buy a good $30-40 dollar stick and donate $150 to a family that needs something to smile about on Christmas.

Magnus Fulgur

Nov 27, 2002
Amen!

Wood is the way of the future.

I love Kohos and especially Montreal M95 sticks. Sherwoods are okay...but Easton wood/fibre sticks are perhaps the WORST on the market. It's as if Easton intentionally makes cruddy wood sticks so that kids will upgrade to one/two pieces. If I did go that way, I'd use the Easton Nash flex.

Right now I'm using a TPS Messier woody. It's crazy. Light and flexible and strong, this thing has a FUNHOUSE blade to it. The toe curves over the puck!!! You can roof it from point blank with no effort. It's a challenge to keep the puck down, and you have to use the heel to backhand it. But I've never tried a stick that changed my game so much. It's pretty fun.

Those Rhino Evolutions are pretty good though, if you want to go that route. I think they have the best "feel".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad