I need a new stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

IkeaMonkey*

PanthersRule said:
I was talking about the synthesis. You break a synergy and have to turn it upside down. With the synthesis, you just take the blade out if it's broken.

I have only every used the following sticks:

Mission M-1
Easton Synergy (2001)
Easton Synergy Si-Core
Bauer Vapor XX (2)
Easton Stealth (the original batch and now I have a second batch one)

The best sticks are the Vapor XX's of the list above IMO.

Yes, I know how to cut/use a broken synergy, but you said, "I meant that if you break the blade it is designed to replace it. ", which is just a standard "tapered" shaft after I said the synthesis arent any more durable than the shafts I mentioned.

luke34e

Dec 7, 2004
The response are twigs. I had 3 of them and snapped each within a week of use.[/QUOTE]

if you kept gettin a response and it snapped in a week then why would you keep buying another. I had a response and it snapped on me too. I made sure I never went back to it and I have liked all sticks since a lot more

IkeaMonkey*

luke34e said:
if you kept gettin a response and it snapped in a week then why would you keep buying another. I had a response and it snapped on me too. I made sure I never went back to it and I have liked all sticks since a lot more

I got 3 of them at a time...

IkeaMonkey*

luke34e said:
thats stupid

I know, God forbid I should try out new sticks...I learned my lesson, I will only buy what the majority of the NHL players are using!

(people, think before you post...)

luke34e

Dec 7, 2004
we all made the mistake of gettin a response. I only see people in qmjhl using a vector

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
not a big fan of one pieces but ive tried a few. i think the vector is the most solid - by quite a bit. i wasnt afraid to really play with it. ive had a response and a synergy, and i was afraid to whack anyone with either. the response lasted for awhile, i was surprised since i heard a lot of people complaining. ive heard good thingss about the bauer xx, i would consider trying that or feel perfectly safe with a vector. the ccm's also are a bit heavier, which i like. the composites are getting too light, and i think they lose the feel a bit.

IkeaMonkey*

bleedgreen said:
not a big fan of one pieces but ive tried a few. i think the vector is the most solid - by quite a bit. i wasnt afraid to really play with it. ive had a response and a synergy, and i was afraid to whack anyone with either. the response lasted for awhile, i was surprised since i heard a lot of people complaining. ive heard good thingss about the bauer xx, i would consider trying that or feel perfectly safe with a vector. the ccm's also are a bit heavier, which i like. the composites are getting too light, and i think they lose the feel a bit.

That's exactly how I feel. I am not 100% comfortable with the insanely light stuff. When I am practicing, I'll take some mustard off of EVERY shot because I'm thinking about the weight in my mind. I am more a fan of the "heavier" OPS or a shaft/blade combo.

doc5hole

Nov 30, 2003
www.southcoasttoday.com
This has been a fascinating read for a diehard wood guy. Pass-receiving skills seem to have eroded at every level of game since the composites. From those who can compare their composites with wood from experience, I'd like to hear your response to my view and how it feels when you catch the puck.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
doc5hole said:
This has been a fascinating read for a diehard wood guy. Pass-receiving skills seem to have eroded at every level of game since the composites. From those who can compare their composites with wood from experience, I'd like to hear your response to my view and how it feels when you catch the puck.
absolutely no doubt, every level of play has suffered since they arrived. i think its partially to blame for the nhl goal scoring slump. guys cant control loose pucks around the net anymore. noboady makes perfect passes in the scrambles, and guys arent burying them like they used to. i use a composite blade from time to time because im 6'4" 215 and i blow through wood too quick. i still bought another sherwood 7000 this week. i still love it, and im a better player with it.

cstu

May 6, 2004
luke34e said:
thats stupid

Some people like having the same stick as a backup, just so they don't have to adjust to a different one if they need to switch.

doc5hole

Nov 30, 2003
www.southcoasttoday.com
Thanks for the input, people. My favorite stick ever was a 1980 Lafleur Sher-Wood PMP, a little stiffer and more dressed up than the late-70's version (of which I went through several), but it was unique in that it had a very high lie (had to be a 7 or 8) and a subtly weird curve that kept the shots low - just the opposite of the modern style (5-iron heel scoop). Several KOHOs and others later, the Bauer 4000 PL106 is the only woodie I've seen in the last few years to offer specs I can live with.

usmhuskies

doc5hole said:

I takes a while to get used to a compsite, I used wood for my whole life: got a compsite last summer and I must say I like it better than the wood...The biggest thing IMO is to get the right blade curve...I don't know, I can feel the puck just the same if not better now with the compsite...I know I am in the minority but I don't think it has anything to do with the goal scoring problem in the NHL now(I know you didn't post this), the goal scoring problem is that all the creatitivy has been taken out of the game with system like the trap and the left wing lock...Send 2 guys in pressure the puck and hit!!!

luke34e

Dec 7, 2004
the rubber for sure. vector v120 shaft you can only buy a vector blade which costs a lot and i got a reallly hard slapshot using the rubber

IkeaMonkey*

luke34e said:
the rubber for sure. vector v120 shaft you can only buy a vector blade which costs a lot and i got a reallly hard slapshot using the rubber

The 120 shaft only takes the 120 blade??? What was Mario using at the World Cup? It certainly did not look like a composite blade to me.

luke34e

Dec 7, 2004
I was looking at buying the vector v110 shaft last year but the guy working at cleeves told me that if you want to buy a vector shaft you can only fit in the vector blade. Maybe mario was using a vector v120 1 piece with a replacement blade.

IkeaMonkey*

luke34e said:
I was looking at buying the vector v110 shaft last year but the guy working at cleeves told me that if you want to buy a vector shaft you can only fit in the vector blade. Maybe mario was using a vector v120 1 piece with a replacement blade.

A 120 One Piece....with a replacement blade??? Ummmm, the blade was wooden. The v120 blades are not wooden.

luke34e

Dec 7, 2004
HokEGoalie said:
A 120 One Piece....with a replacement blade??? Ummmm, the blade was wooden. The v120 blades are not wooden.

I meant to say that he was probably using a vector v120 stick and he broke the blade and put in a wooden blade

IkeaMonkey*

luke34e said:
I meant to say that he was probably using a vector v120 stick and he broke the blade and put in a wooden blade

Yes. We all know Mario Lemieux would need to use a broken OPS as a shaft. Clearly he does not have the financial resources to purchase another one(he is given his sticks for free). Even if he did for some reason use a broken OPS, the shaft shape is still the same as a v120 shaft.

So, No, you are wrong.

luke34e

Dec 7, 2004
-editted-
The fact is you can only put vector blades into vector shafts.

no you are wrong

Last edited by a moderator:

IkeaMonkey*

luke34e said:
-editted-. The fact is you can only put vector blades into vector shafts.

no you are wrong

LOL. Son, you are gold. Clearly I know nothing about the sport and the equipment used to play. Perhaps you should read my other, "wrong" posts in this forum.

Oh, I'm also not from Germany. Thanks for knowin everything ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->