I miss the 2010-11 leafs, and maca-grabo-kuli line

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Don't miss those teams at all, I believe wilson taught the players to never have one hand on their stick or something along those lines, horrific coach.

and wtf is with the Grabo love, he had a good first game with the capitals, but I've seen about 3 washington games since then and he was almost entirely invisible, seriously not the thing we're missing from this team.

MarkLeftBehind

Jun 24, 2013
Alberta
I miss Grabo pre-giant contract.

I miss Kulemin shooting the puck and not just occupying space on the ice. He seems like less of a force out there as compared to a couple years ago. It's like he is trying to play "nice" or something.

I don't miss Mac; he had his one good season and his play seriously deteriorated.

boller4president

Nov 5, 2013
someone else think that this thread was brought up so people can rip randy and applaud grabo more?

man if people miss him so much, go watch that run and gun team in Washington. not directed to the OP, but it's getting annoying now.

I don't really have a bad thing to say about garbo. He earned a ton of respect from me the way he handled himself during the playoffs.

It was clear however that he wasn't a fit for Caryle system. Time to move on people.

mikebel111*

Yeup:
if y'all want style points, figure skating is on at 2:00 pm

lmao - or just wait till wednsday when we play a bit of run & gun hehe

but seriosuly, I don't understand how you miss the 2010-2011 leafs when they were losing all the time - but a LINE was great. I understand if you miss the people (I miss some of my favourite leafs too), but the team?

considering we've had exactly 0 games of a healthy 2013-2014 Leafs club, that's what i miss. but I like what we've got so far, bumps, warts and al.

I liked that line as well, probably our best line that time. However, that was in the past, and I think we should have moved on by now. I don't hate grabo, he was one of my fav leafs, but now it's getting annoying as some people are talking about him when he isn't on this team anymore. They are praising him like crazy

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Totally agreed, that stretch of hockey in 2011, almost clawing out of a huge hole, every game was like a playoff game, was super exciting.
Forget the exciting hockey thing though, Randy wants no part of it.
We're 5-5 in our last 10 and lucky to be. Most of our fans seem to think we're the cream of the NHL though. Hell, if we're fortunate enough to continue to get great goaltending and timely scoring, perhaps we can play .500 the rest of the way too and finish with 87 points, which probably won't be good enough for the playoffs. But at least it's not exciting to watch either, which means it must be solid hockey.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Totally agreed, that stretch of hockey in 2011, almost clawing out of a huge hole, every game was like a playoff game, was super exciting.
Forget the exciting hockey thing though, Randy wants no part of it.
We're 5-5 in our last 10 and lucky to be. Most of our fans seem to think we're the cream of the NHL though. Hell, if we're fortunate enough to continue to get great goaltending and timely scoring, perhaps we can play .500 the rest of the way too and finish with 87 points, which probably won't be good enough for the playoffs. But at least it's not exciting to watch either, which means it must be solid hockey.

Do usually make stories up to validate your opinion or is this a rare oversight?

What a stupid comment :shakehead

Penalty Kill Icing*

People ripping on OP because he misses success of that line? :shakehead

And so now, having a line score 80 goals in a season the cause for the team failure?

They weren't the problem. Goaltending was.

---------------------------------------------------------
Offense might not be our problem, but C depth is. Our top-6 C are so unproven, and then our management gets rid of whatever depth we had in Grabo and Colborne. In last 3 games, we have scored grand total of 2 goals. How many games do you win with that offense? No workable centers and it is showing.

And now, with 2 injuries, we have no C in the system to even decently replace them. Asset management at its finest. :laugh:

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Play the kids ! No when they lose the spot we want the vets back !

Clarkson brings identity and mac provided none !

No doubt a fan base would miss a second line that could score as much as a top one, but it was never going to happen again, and they lost thier spots.

ALine

May 14, 2012
People ripping on OP because he misses success of that line? :shakehead

And so now, having a line score 80 goals in a season the cause for the team failure?

They weren't the problem. Goaltending was.

---------------------------------------------------------
Offense might not be our problem, but C depth is. Our top-6 C are so unproven, and then our management gets rid of whatever depth we had in Grabo and Colborne. In last 3 games, we have scored grand total of 2 goals. How many games do you win with that offense? No workable centers and it is showing.

And now, with 2 injuries, we have no C in the system to even decently replace them. Asset management at its finest. :laugh:
If we had kept Grabo and his contract, it would have left less cap space for depth. Few teams could lose their 1C and 2/3C and not feel it. And our two most proven C's. Bozak, while mostly unspectacular, has been pretty consistent. And Bolland, 2 time Stanley cup winner, couldn't be more proven.

Colborne has also not proved he could help us through this stretch. Maybe he could, maybe we'll weather the storm fine with Kadri, McClement, Smith and Smithson.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Have to admit, this one made me laugh. Can't wait for the people longing for the days of the Antro-Poni connection next.

Would it really be strange to daydream about having pre-injuries Antropov right now? A 6'6", 240lb centre with great hands? Guy who can play equally well on the PP and PK. One of the best guys in front of the net the Leafs had for years, that man could tip a puck and he was immovable.

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
And they played some parts last arson together.

Now 2/3 of the line is gone. We kept the useful one. Replaced the other two with better players (Raymond, Bolland)

I wouldn't honestly like to start arguing that Grabovski's replacement is more Clarkson given that they pretty much make the same salary. Bolland is the 3rd line center on the team which is physically replacing Grabovski's 5on5 role with the team, but he's really not the same salary.

You already have Clarkson whining about ice-time and how it prevents him from scoring. 9 points in 41 games....

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
2010-11 Season

Bottom 10 overall
Bottom 10 in GF
Bottom 10 in GA
Bottom 10 in Goal Differential
Bottom 10 in PK
Bottom 10 in PP

How can you not miss that kind of success?

If your a Habs fan :sarcasm:

Seriously.....get a grip

Pitt the Elder

Nov 7, 2013
Oakville, ON
Best 2nd line in hockey, and 2/3 of it was lost for nothing. I wouldn't be shocked if Kulie was gona after this year because of Clarkson's contract either.

Sad.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Play the kids ! No when they lose the spot we want the vets back !

Clarkson brings identity and mac provided none !

No doubt a fan base would miss a second line that could score as much as a top one, but it was never going to happen again, and they lost thier spots.

Identity, you are really saying he brings identity? Really? Do you vote for prime ministers because they look the most statesly? Because they have a name that sounds prime ministerial to? Pepsi looks cooler than Coca Cola regardless of the taste holding it realllly makes you appear different to your peers.

I have heard it all, honestly, heard it all now, indentity, lol

cynicism

Aug 13, 2008
You know, I really miss the 80s when they went an entire decade without a winning season. I really miss guys like Dan Daoust, Jim Benning and Peter Inhacak.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
You know, I really miss the 80s when they went an entire decade without a winning season. I really miss guys like Dan Daoust, Jim Benning and Peter Inhacak.

Yes, definitely miss having Tim, Davie, George, Johnny, Red, the Big M ... players who earned the right to be called Stars.

Today, a player has half a good season and he's a star! :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad