I miss the 2010-11 leafs, and maca-grabo-kuli line

EDDIE20*

I'm pissed too. Clarke MacArthur is on pace to the lead the Sens to the promised land, according to some.

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
Randy believes in addition by subtraction, subtract skill replace with less skill = upgrade.

Doesn't work anywhere in life.

Someone seems mad... Randy believes in addition by subtracting lazy-a** decently skilled player with players that played with heart and had character while also being skilled. Both Mac and Grabo seemed to have poor attitudes (comments after that weren't on the team anymore).

Seems to be working just fine.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
You could be an Edmonton fan. They don't seem to have any plans to get rid of the run and gun style.

Me, I'd prefer to see my team develop as it has and become a winning team.

Mar 14, 2011
Of course in the end most of us here prefers winning, but I get what you mean, Leafs games were much more fast pace during that time and Boston having our pick made it so much easier to cheer for a win every time they played. I still remember that 9-3 beat down of the Thrashers and that game were Reimer made that spectacular glove save against Philly during the dying seconds being so much fun to watch.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Of course in the end most of us here prefers winning, but I get what you mean, Leafs games were much more fast pace during that time and Boston having our pick made it so much easier to cheer for a win every time they played. I still remember that 9-3 beat down of the Thrashers and that game were Reimer made that spectacular glove save against Philly during the dying seconds being so much fun to watch.

That was the game where Lebda was -3

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
This team scores more and prettier goals than that team anyways.

We have talent like kessel lupul kadri jvr scoring highlight goals every night and people are pining for grabovski and macarthur.

Good grief.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
I'd rather have a healthy Bolland then all three of those guys again. Offense IS NOT our problem.

It has been against teams like NJ, Vancouver, Chicago, Colorado, and Boston. Four goals in those five games if I'm not mistaken? We pad stats against teams with poor defense and/or goaltending but that's not a very good measuring stick.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
The other 30% of the time it was 2 on 1s, and 3 on 1s going our way.

It still is. This team is still allowing as many breakaways and 2-on-1s as it ever did under Wilson, maybe even more. People are more forgiving because now we have real goaltending.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Exciting or not, losing 8-0 to the Bruins is worse than 3-1.

Did the Leafs not go 4-2 against the Bruins that year?

Someone seems mad... Randy believes in addition by subtracting lazy-a** decently skilled player with players that played with heart and had character while also being skilled. Both Mac and Grabo seemed to have poor attitudes (comments after that weren't on the team anymore).

Seems to be working just fine.

That's some interesting revisionism. Laziness, heart, character, attitude...all things that were never an issue with Grabovski.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It still is. This team is still allowing as many breakaways and 2-on-1s as it ever did under Wilson, maybe even more. People are more forgiving because now we have real goaltending.

Ron Wilson was a terrible coach for Kessel, Franson, Kadri, Orr, Schenn, Mclaren, Fraser, PK, PP, and winning in general.

He was good for one player, Grabo. Fortunately we have a coach now that places the team ahead of selfish individuals.

Kadri and Franson would have never developed under Rotten Ronnie. Kessel would never be the 200 ft player he is today without Randy.

Fortunately most of our fans prefer the hockey we are playing now. And it seems no team in the NHL wants Ronnie, so the proof is in the pudding just how truly awful he is perceived in the game today.

Only fools would want to go backward and replace Randy with Rotten Ronnie or better yet try to infer these 2 are equals.

Carlyle>Wilson.

AINEC

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Did the Leafs not go 4-2 against the Bruins that year?.

Very fair point, I got my years mixed up. Still, I'd rather make the playoffs than not. I'd rather be the Devils putting me to sleep but winning some cups over some pond hockey team. I care about winning more than excitement. If it were the other way around, I'd go to a slot machine and have my way with it.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
It has been against teams like NJ, Vancouver, Chicago, Colorado, and Boston. Four goals in those five games if I'm not mistaken? We pad stats against teams with poor defense and/or goaltending but that's not a very good measuring stick.

I highly doubt MacArthur and Grabovski would have won us those games.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Goals and points are nice, but when the team as a whole struggles it's obvious why changes were made. They were fun to watch in that one season though for sure. Kessel/JvR and Kadri/Lupul are just as exciting though imo.

mikebel111*

Randy believes in addition by subtraction, subtract skill replace with less skill = upgrade.

Doesn't work anywhere in life.

yaeh keep making this up. we know u miss grabo.

so I will guess he hates kessel too

mikebel111*

someone else think that this thread was brought up so people can rip randy and applaud grabo more?

man if people miss him so much, go watch that run and gun team in Washington. not directed to the OP, but it's getting annoying now.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Winning is exciting enough for me.

Yeup:
if y'all want style points, figure skating is on at 2:00 pm

someone else think that this thread was brought up so people can rip randy and applaud grabo more?

man if people miss him so much, go watch that run and gun team in Washington. not directed to the OP, but it's getting annoying now.

lmao - or just wait till wednsday when we play a bit of run & gun hehe

but seriosuly, I don't understand how you miss the 2010-2011 leafs when they were losing all the time - but a LINE was great. I understand if you miss the people (I miss some of my favourite leafs too), but the team?

considering we've had exactly 0 games of a healthy 2013-2014 Leafs club, that's what i miss. but I like what we've got so far, bumps, warts and al.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad