I miss hockey and sports

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
q27SjhkYbtbFJeVG9
Meh!
I found a new hobby
Google Image Result for https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9f/Boys_with_hoops_on_Chesnut_Street.jpg/260px-Boys_with_hoops_on_Chesnut_Street.jpg

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Same. I wasn't paying super close attention to them during their last little stretch but I like having them on while I lift or do cardio (or drink beer). I was really enjoying watching the raptors too...

Not having sports is one of the hardest things for me during all this. That and the crappy weather.

Reactions: sandviper and Tuggy

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
My eldest was off to Provincials for hockey next weekend. Her final year, they were the top seed. Obviously the world has bigger problems but after all the years and miles it’s an abrupt ending.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
What? I think it rained once in two weeks here. Beautiful spring so far. Where do you live?
North of Belleville Ontario. Had a couple nice days but now it's raining almost every day. This week should be nice aside from tomorrow

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I dont even give a shit about hockey at this point. Its so far down the list of what I want back that Id sacrifice it forever to have the rest back.
Funny how me and you think alike on that. I guess the definition of not knowing what we have until we lose it apply.

Reactions: Mrb1p

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I dont even give a shit about hockey at this point. Its so far down the list of what I want back that Id sacrifice it forever to have the rest back.
Absolutely. It was already going down in my priorities for a few years, but now... Who cares. I'll never spend 150$+ a ticket to see the Habs again. Might still go to the Rockets a few times a year with my boys but that's it.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I wouldn't miss it an ounce if spring ever arrived and I could do yardwork etc. One think I don't miss are the useless celebrities, or the talkshows. Their attempts at youtube events just show how unfunny they are without a studio audience and a team of writers.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Was actually watching game 2 of 1993 SCF last night between Habs-Kings and Game 7 of 2011 Round 1 Habs Bruins last night on Sportsnet.

I miss the times when we were actually playing relevant games in spring... been a f***ing while

f*** BERGEVIN

Reactions: angusyoung

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Was actually watching game 2 of 1993 SCF last night between Habs-Kings and Game 7 of 2011 Round 1 Habs Bruins last night on Sportsnet.

I miss the times when we were actually playing relevant games in spring... been a f***ing while

f*** BERGEVIN
It's like seeing a movie a second, or third time. Still good but, no suspense.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Actually I do wonder how this pandemic will affect the popularity of sports when things normalize.

The sporting demographic in North America was aging even before the pandemic, and now that the world has had a taste without it, does their interest level get back to the same level?

Or do we have a similar reaction to the the lockout in 04-05, where the Canadian audience came back in droves and continually sold out arenas across Canada for years.

Jerryvvv

Apr 4, 2020
:(

Even if the Habs suck...I'm sitting here drinking beer wishing I could watch them.

You do realize there is a pandemic, and thousands of people are dying, right?

And you still make a comment/thread like this?

How selfish and disrespectful can you possibly be?

Your life could be alot worse

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
You do realize there is a pandemic, and thousands of people are dying, right?

And you still make a comment/thread like this?

How selfish and disrespectful can you possibly be?

Your life could be alot worse

Thanks. Nice moral intervention. Where were you before the pandemic? Thousands and thousands of people have been dying daily since who knows when.... What changed?

Jerryvvv

Apr 4, 2020
Thousands and thousands of people have been dying daily since who knows when.... What changed?

Are you seriously trying to say there are not more people dying today, as opposed to before this pandemic?

What changed?

Go back to living under your rock, or in your cave

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->