Proposal: I mean, we're already down 0-3...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOLAPensFan

Feb 19, 2014
I was just sitting here thinking, another lost season. Players look lifeless.

But hold your suspension of disbelief,
what if...

Between now and Game 4, GMJR trades Maatta for futures (for example to LAK for a 2020 3rd). :eek:

The players would either revolt or come together in mutual hatred of GMJR and ownership.

For GMJR, the worst that happens to him is he gets fired. OK, whatever. He has three rings, money, and a family to raise.

For the Pens they'll just slide in Billy G. Mario takes some flack but he's built up enough goodwill to last a lifetime.

If the Pens win the series but don't win the Cup it's still a story for all time in team history. I don't believe the Immaculate Reception game was in a Super Bowl season?

IF however...IF the Pens rallied like the 2014 Kings and win the Cup...

It would be the greatest/most insane move ever by a GM. It would be insane even if it worked.

Most of us want Olli gone anyway. Thanks for the 2 Cups. We definitely need a shakeup. And let's be honest, this is not the worst thing that's ever happened to a professional athlete. This isn't even as bad as Gordie Howe being lied to by the Red Wings when it came to money.

/rant

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Sully should try being like George and do the opposite of what he thinks...hmm...this line works so it should be broken up to help the others...hmmm...maybe instead I will leave it as it is...since it works...what a counter intuitive idea...couldn't possibly the answer but what the hell...nothing else is working...

Reactions: Khelandros

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
For me... I can still live off 16 and 17 and just toss this year as long as they don't do anything stupid at the draft.

Toss out Slolli Maatta and the D is fine going into next year.

Strong down the middle and Bjugstad can work on faceoffs. Cullen leaves but maybe Adam Johnson steps in.

After Jake the wings are a toss up. Kessel Hornqvist and Rust can all go for players that can transition better and play a more well rounded game for phase 3 of the Crosby Malkin era.

The coaching staff needs to be accessed. They look stale... I like how Sullivan handles himself and the team but hate that he can't move past chip and chase hockey. Maybe new assistants freshen him up... Maybe not.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Not sure i understand the thread. Trading players when you can't trade players? I have no clue. Let's go to the salary cap or the series thread, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad