I may have cracked the Eklund case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill_Meltzer

Jan 28, 2005
snakepliskin said:
what do you know bill?

I assume you mean re: the lockout. Unfortunately, the answer is that I know the same as everyone else.... only the limited statements that the NHL and NHLPA are making available and have been published in the legit news outlets.

But common sense says that things don't look good for salvaging this season; not with the NHL and NHLPA still saying they're significantly apart, the European league transfer deadline looming, so many unsigned NHL free agents and time running out to have a semblance of a season if there's no new CBA pronto. At this late date, that's pragmatism, not pessimism.

Bill

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Buffaloed said:
I don't have anything to do with it.

Well you should say that you did just in case someone comes along and refutes it and we don't see Bill again for another 8 months, but we can cross that road when we get to it. :D

Move along people, nothing more to see here. Anyone who has been around HF a while knows that Bill Meltzer is not Eklund, is the point we're trying to prove here.

Beauty eh?

Not sure if serious.
Dec 20, 2004
Southern California
Bill_Meltzer said:
I just want to set the record straight that I am not Eklund.

I always write and post under my own name (the exception was at the OHF international hockey site, where I had to choose a handle, and used FlyBear).

I always name any sources.

I don't put stock in unfounded rumors.

And I will be happy to verify my credentials-- my real-life work is an editor for Progressive Business Publications. I'm a former editor at Outpatient Surgery Magazine. My hockey writing has been a mix of unpaid and low-paid work that I do mostly because I love hockey and it's a thrill and an honor to get press credentials to NHL games. I'm also dabbling in a bit of pro wrestling-related freelance.

The reason why I'm no longer Flyers editor here at HF is that my full time writing work no longer allowed my the time to devote to HF (which, as Al can verify, takes a tremendous time commitment to keep updated and to obtain reliable info on games and players we don't get to see).

Well you can spell, so that eliminates you from the "Who is Eklund" race.

Da Game

Jan 27, 2005
On an Island
Beauty said:
Well you can spell, so that eliminates you from the "Who is Eklund" race.

LOL! :lol

Man, seriously. The more people talk about his blogger, the more famous his little blogger will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad