I made a thing

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
That was truly a beautiful piece of work . . . interesting choice of song I thought to myself at first, great version of it btw, but it really lent to the pace and buildup. Stand by me indeed, we've stood by through thick and mostly thin . . . and hopefuly we're headed somewhere special soon.

I'm floored by it honestly, it's pro level stuff, I hope someone has the connections to show this to someone who can hire you on for the Leafs! Thanks so much for sharing.

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
Beautiful! Never heard that version of one of my favourite songs (and all time favourite movie).

There was a guy maybe 5 years ago....can't remember his name but he used to do Leaf videos and to me should have been used by the organization, they were that good.

This one's right up there! Major props to you!

Just posted it to my Facebook page in honour of my old man. Hockey was such a huge part of our lives and our connection. In our last series versus Boston I drove two hours after work every game to watch with him by his bedside as he lay dying from cancer, then two hours back home afterwards. I knew we'd never see another season together. Never been so disappointed with a loss as that last one as I knew we'd never get another game. It's weird because winning without him around just won't be the same. Can't believe he won't be around for Leaf versus Habs.

I hope he's pulling some strings out there somewhere!

Dude, this made me tear up

The connection between family and the leafs is so powerful

I'm sure he's still watching with you from his cloud-couch

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Dude, this made me tear up

The connection between family and the leafs is so powerful

I'm sure he's still watching with you from his cloud-couch

While it is many decades ago, I still remember as a toddler wanting to watch Hockey Night in Canada. I assume because I probably picked up on how important it was to the old man. I was extremely young and that was the one time I was allowed to stay late was watching those games. The old guy was pretty passionate about it. After leaving home we always called each other after the games to discuss how it went. I remember some of my friends finding that odd that we constantly touched base to review the games. I recently moved houses and had to go through some boxes and found every single letter he wrote me when I was in the military. Didn't even remember but I had saved them all, a lot of it is hockey discussions and game clippings which when I get time I intend to pour through. I also remember in 93, I happened to be stationed in Toronto for some Air Force training. Back then Leafs/Habs only happened twice per year, with one home game each. As luck would have it it was while I was there. I knew the Gardens was closing soon so said heck with that, I am paying whatever the cost as I will never see this game (Leafs/Habs) in this building ever again. During first intermission I called the old man knowing he'd be watching it on Hockey Night in Canada and said "Guess where I am?", knowing that would tickle him. Gave him the ticket stub as a keepsake and after he passed and went through his things, found it in his momentos.

It really is weird but after all these decades of waiting for another one, I fear without him rather than the sheer joy, it's going to be a lot of disappointment. But that will pass and I am sure I will pour two glasses of scotch and make a toast.

It really is a family connection and I am very glad for your video and song choice. As I mentioned, one of my all time favourite songs and IS my favourite movie.

Last edited:
Reactions: banks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->