I made a thing

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
Awesome job. Bowen's voice toward the end sent chills up and down my spine. That got me crazy pumped for playoff hockey now. Thank you.

tenor-79.gif

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
Amateur? That was amazing. Network level even. Got me choked up at points - obv that "93Wraparound", loved the additional view you flashed from behind the net. Could have also thrown in the Gretzky high stick/goal but maybe I missed it. Regardless, thank you, a beautiful montage.

Reactions: FreshFitted67

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
You should send that to Sportsnet to show them how a proper intro is done. Slow hand clap. Can’t imagine how much time that must have taken. Thanks for sharing. You will need to add a few more seconds when the boys finally carry the cup.
I used to tune into the broadcast 15 minutes early to make sure I caught Tim Thompson's pre-game intro... The new ones are good but ever since he left it just hasn't been the same...

I've considered starting a petition to rehire him... He's probably happily employed somewhere else, but you can tell he loves the leafs. I go back and rewatch this one every now and then:

Reactions: Eric bungay

Eric bungay

Jun 30, 2018
Hi folks, so I made a couple threads asking people for their favourite moments, favourite calls, favourite memories etc... Well, I made a video... I'm a huge fan of Tim Thompson and the pre-game videos he used to to do for the CBC before sportsnet bought HNIC and let him go....

So i tried to make it in the same/similar style as him but yeah he's unbelievable and im an amateur

it's kinda slow to start with, but i'm hoping the payoff at the end is worth it

Anyways, let me know what you think

Ain't gonna lie brought tears to my eyes !!! Bloody marvelous my good man !!!! Go Leafs Go

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I don't get the song choice (I'm probably missing some subtlety) but this is so well done I bookmarked it. Looks like it was done by a major media outlet.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Right around Sundin I started getting some serious goosebumps all up my arms. That was very moving, thanks for making it, fine fine work. I think sometimes I almost have trouble connecting these new players to classic leafs players but this video helped bridge the gap.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Loved how it started slow and built to a crescendo along with the song while incorporating the iconic calls from Bowen and Cole.

Some really beautiful moments, like when the young fan's upturned face is followed immediately by Rielly in the same pose, followed by Rielly taking the puck off the face.

Loved how it was very much about this year's group while also serving as an homage to great moments and players of the past. Very skillfully done and clearly with a lot of love for the blue & white. I've watched multiple times and will return again before Thursday.

Shared it with lots of friends in Leafs Nation today, including my 10-year-old son. Everyone loved it!

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Hi folks, so I made a couple threads asking people for their favourite moments, favourite calls, favourite memories etc... Well, I made a video... I'm a huge fan of Tim Thompson and the pre-game videos he used to to do for the CBC before sportsnet bought HNIC and let him go....

So i tried to make it in the same/similar style as him but yeah he's unbelievable and im an amateur

it's kinda slow to start with, but i'm hoping the payoff at the end is worth it

Anyways, let me know what you think

Beautiful! Never heard that version of one of my favourite songs (and all time favourite movie).

There was a guy maybe 5 years ago....can't remember his name but he used to do Leaf videos and to me should have been used by the organization, they were that good.

This one's right up there! Major props to you!

Just posted it to my Facebook page in honour of my old man. Hockey was such a huge part of our lives and our connection. In our last series versus Boston I drove two hours after work every game to watch with him by his bedside as he lay dying from cancer, then two hours back home afterwards. I knew we'd never see another season together. Never been so disappointed with a loss as that last one as I knew we'd never get another game. It's weird because winning without him around just won't be the same. Can't believe he won't be around for Leaf versus Habs.

I hope he's pulling some strings out there somewhere!

Last edited:

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
This video deserves WAY more views and likes. You are seriously talented and should explore editing and producing videos for a living (if you aren’t doing so already).

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I don't get the song choice (I'm probably missing some subtlety) but this is so well done I bookmarked it. Looks like it was done by a major media outlet.

Well, how many people would be stupid enough to still be in a relationship after all the crap we have been through yet here we all remain. Stand By Me.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Right around Sundin I started getting some serious goosebumps all up my arms. That was very moving, thanks for making it, fine fine work. I think sometimes I almost have trouble connecting these new players to classic leafs players but this video helped bridge the gap.
Funny it made me look up the video below. I was never a huge Sundin fan (admired him a lot but just wasn`t a big fanboy) but this moment by him remains one of my all time favourites:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->