Confirmed with Link: I like you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

Here's what I love about this song.

First, it samples Michael McDonald's "I Keep Forgettin'" from 1982.

Which was basically a rip-off of a song written in 1962 with the same name. And that song was written by Jerry Lieber and Mike Stoller, two of the most prolific pop songwriters of the '50s and '60s.

Because Michael McDonald's song was so similar, Lieber/Stoller were given songwriter credits.

Because Regulate sampled it, Lieber/Stoller, the writers of Elvis Presley's Hound Dog... are credited songwriters on Regulate.

Ain't that some shit.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Did the same person/people that made Barney Straight Outta Compton make this one as well?

Which was basically a rip-off of a song written in 1962 with the same name. And that song was written by Jerry Lieber and Mike Stoller, two of the most prolific pop songwriters of the '50s and '60s.

Because Michael McDonald's song was so similar, Lieber/Stoller were given songwriter credits.

Because Regulate sampled it, Lieber/Stoller, the writers of Elvis Presley's Hound Dog... are credited songwriters on Regulate.

Ain't that some ****.

OK that's a pretty impressive bit of trivia.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

Ain't that some ****.

Young Guns is one of my favorite movies.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
496B4237-A1A1-4A10-A7B8-6DC16FAC9E0C.jpeg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Don't know if this is the right thread for it, hopefully no one else has posted this yet.

Happened a few days ago at an Edmonton convenience store. Amazing security footage.

No one gets hurt or shot (it's Canada, whaddaya expect). However, footage just keeps on giving.

Stay with it, especially @2.01. :laugh:

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Don't know if this is the right thread for it, hopefully no one else has posted this yet.

Happened a few days ago at an Edmonton convenience store. Amazing security footage.

No one gets hurt or shot (it's Canada, whaddaya expect). However, footage just keeps on giving.

Stay with it, especially @2.01. :laugh:

Holy shit! I literally Lol’d for like 5 minutes! Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad