Confirmed with Link: I like you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unsustainable

Bunch of Jerks
Apr 14, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Thanks. Electric, propane or charcoal?

If you recommend the model you have, I'd like to find it online. I've always wanted a smoker but never knew what to look for. And looking at this brand, it looks affordable.

Electric

Electric are easier to hold temp. You get more consistent cooks and learn before moving on to to other sources.

Unsustainable

Bunch of Jerks
Apr 14, 2012
Charlotte, NC
@Runner77

It has been a great smoker for me, just add wood chips in the side and let it cook.

Get a thermometer you can check the internal temps of the meet with. Look online for different things to cook, get them to temp and try it.

I make some Smokey Hot wings.

I will throw some Cajun seasoning on the wings, smoke them 2 hours at 225, take them off, toss them in wing sauce (usually some Texas Pete Buffalo and melt some butter in it) then crisp them on grill.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
@Runner77

It has been a great smoker for me, just add wood chips in the side and let it cook.

Get a thermometer you can check the internal temps of the meet with. Look online for different things to cook, get them to temp and try it.

I make some Smokey Hot wings.

I will throw some Cajun seasoning on the wings, smoke them 2 hours at 225, take them off, toss them in wing sauce (usually some Texas Pete Buffalo and melt some butter in it) then crisp them on grill.

Thanks Unsustainable.

I take it the model doesn't matter too much, as long as it's from the brand you named?

When you mention adding woodchips, that's for a model that only works on woodchips, I take it.

Or are there hybrids, where you can go electric or use woodchips?

I totally get how there will be a trial and error period, while I get to understand how to get the best out of it.

Unsustainable

Bunch of Jerks
Apr 14, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Thanks Unsustainable.

I take it the model doesn't matter too much, as long as it's from the brand you named?

When you mention adding woodchips, that's for a model that only works on woodchips, I take it.

Or are there hybrids, where you can go electric or use woodchips?

I totally get how there will be a trial and error period, while I get to understand how to get the best out of it.

There is a side port you add wood chips to, it’s over the heating element, and creates the smoke.

I’ve been happy with the Masterbuilt though.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
20180615_212003.jpg

[ ] she loves me
[ ] she loves me not
[x] she loves me long time

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
View attachment 125287

[ ] she loves me
[ ] she loves me not
[x] she loves me long time

That looks like they're worshipping the tallest one in the middle. Like right before they bathe themselves with Tabasco sauce and fry to death while hypnotically chanting praises to their god in a negrospiritual-ish fashion; all this while their original bodily fluids that gave them life pour out and are replaced with burning lava that soaks their insides with capsaicin.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
That looks like they're worshipping the tallest one in the middle. Like right before they bathe themselves with Tabasco sauce and fry to death while hypnotically chanting praises to their god in a negrospiritual-ish fashion; all this while their original bodily fluids that gave them life pour out and are replaced with burning lava that soaks their insides with capsaicin.
... no. It's very good cookbook I got the recipe from, by the master chef A. Alhazred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->