Confirmed with Link: I like you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Carolina Hurricanes just won Stanley Cup (in my EHM save), I am so proud of what I built

What kind of roster did you build? Want to tell your whole lineup?

Do you guys have problems with multiplayer? Like, you don't find your friends game?

Feels like I wasted an opportunity to get more likes by asking so many questions in one post.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia

Do you guys have problems with multiplayer? Like, you don't find your friends game?

Feels like I wasted an opportunity to get more likes by asking so many questions in one post.
When I will get home I will post a picture of my roster.

I didn't even know that EHM had a multiplayer lol

Yes you did :D

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia

My team report
PjoQGw8.png

My lineup

l0sMq8f.png

First season - fired Peters mid season, hired Quenneville as Hawks fired him. Trade for Backlund (he didn't work out for me).
I missed playoffs by 1 point. In first off-season I didn't resign all the plugs, and tried to go with youth + had one big Free Agency signing - Atkinson. (Jackets let him go, I overpaid to get him). And added Dell as my backup.

Second season - it all went downhill. Fired Quenneville mid season after very bad run of games, hired Bob Hartley. Traded Backlund away, same goes for Nordy and TVR. Just cleared my roster. Got #3 pick in draft (because of lottery, not because we were 3rd last, but we were pretty close to bottom).
In off-season I drafted this Strom guy (he is nothing special, but could be great after few years). Then Stastny was on the block, so I traded for him. (Gave up Turbo). Then Oilers put RNH on the block, I traded for him as well. (Gave up Rask). As well signed this Schilkey guy from our farm team.

Third season went much better. Promoted Gauthier, Bean and Martin from our prospect pool.
My actual lineup all season long was something like this

Skinner - Staal - Atkinson
Aho - RNH - Lindholm
McGinn - Stastny - Gauthier
Storm - Kuoks - Schilkey

Hanifin - Faulk
Slavin - Martin
Bean - Elliot

Darling
Dell

When needed I used Necas, Fleury, Addison (only in playoffs, played whole season in the farm), Wallmark, Zykov and Foegele (as well only in playoffs because of injuries).

I have no idea how we won the cup. We finished 5th in East, with 100 points. First series was against Flyers, won in 7 games. Second series was against Jackets, won in 7 games as well. In East final we played Tampa and won in 5 games. Stanley cup finals was vs Avs and we won in 6 games.

Necas, Fleury, Wallmark, Zykov are not playing that good for me.

But we won the cup, I am just happy we did it. And our lineup compared to others are not even that good. Our average scoring in the regular season was not that good, but we didn't let in that many.

There is a big chance that I could miss even playoffs next season lol.

Mr. Met

Nov 8, 2017
My team report
PjoQGw8.png

My lineup

l0sMq8f.png

First season - fired Peters mid season, hired Quenneville as Hawks fired him. Trade for Backlund (he didn't work out for me).
I missed playoffs by 1 point. In first off-season I didn't resign all the plugs, and tried to go with youth + had one big Free Agency signing - Atkinson. (Jackets let him go, I overpaid to get him). And added Dell as my backup.

Second season - it all went downhill. Fired Quenneville mid season after very bad run of games, hired Bob Hartley. Traded Backlund away, same goes for Nordy and TVR. Just cleared my roster. Got #3 pick in draft (because of lottery, not because we were 3rd last, but we were pretty close to bottom).
In off-season I drafted this Strom guy (he is nothing special, but could be great after few years). Then Stastny was on the block, so I traded for him. (Gave up Turbo). Then Oilers put RNH on the block, I traded for him as well. (Gave up Rask). As well signed this Schilkey guy from our farm team.

Third season went much better. Promoted Gauthier, Bean and Martin from our prospect pool.

Aho - RNH - Lindholm
Storm - Kuoks - Schilkey

Hanifin - Faulk
Slavin - Martin
Bean - Elliot

Darling
Dell

When needed I used Necas, Fleury, Addison (only in playoffs, played whole season in the farm), Wallmark, Zykov and Foegele (as well only in playoffs because of injuries).

I have no idea how we won the cup. We finished 5th in East, with 100 points. First series was against Flyers, won in 7 games. Second series was against Jackets, won in 7 games as well. In East final we played Tampa and won in 5 games. Stanley cup finals was vs Avs and we won in 6 games.

But we won the cup, I am just happy we did it. And our lineup compared to others are not even that good. Our average scoring in the regular season was not that good, but we didn't let in that many.

TLDR but I really like this post

Tryamw

Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
My team report
PjoQGw8.png

My lineup

l0sMq8f.png

Aho - RNH - Lindholm
Storm - Kuoks - Schilkey

Hanifin - Faulk
Slavin - Martin
Bean - Elliot

Darling
Dell

A whole lot of effort to build a winning roster...

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
My team report
PjoQGw8.png

My lineup

l0sMq8f.png

Aho - RNH - Lindholm
Storm - Kuoks - Schilkey

Hanifin - Faulk
Slavin - Martin
Bean - Elliot

Darling
Dell

Awesome! I really need to start to play this game again. It's so much fun.

I kinda hate myself for this but first full NHL season I ever played I won the cup. I started the game by GMing an AHL team, I think it was Lake Erie Monsters. I did well enough and then I got a notification that Minnesota Filth had fired their GM. I hesitated for a long time to apply for the job even though it's just a game. I ended up being their GM as my job application was accepted and I GM'd them for maybe 1/3 season and made the playoffs and lost there.

When it was UFA time I signed Stamkos for something like 8.5 x 7, I also had traded for ROR, Barkov and Sam Bennett before the UFA. For some reason I didn't have to give a lot for those guys.. at least Granlund was lost and some future pieces. Maybe Coyle was lost too. It was a long time ago, but my center depth was something like:

Stamkos - ROR - Barkov - Haula lol.

I hate the fact I lead the Green Filth to their only cup that they're ever going to win.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
My team report
PjoQGw8.png

My lineup

l0sMq8f.png

Aho - RNH - Lindholm
Storm - Kuoks - Schilkey

Hanifin - Faulk
Slavin - Martin
Bean - Elliot

Darling
Dell

What is this from? NHL18?

This is the first year since like 2008 that I havent purchased the new NHL for Xbox. It just didnt seem like enough of a change. But if the GM mode is that much better I just might

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Awesome! I really need to start to play this game again. It's so much fun.

I kinda hate myself for this but first full NHL season I ever played I won the cup. I started the game by GMing an AHL team, I think it was Lake Erie Monsters. I did well enough and then I got a notification that Minnesota Filth had fired their GM. I hesitated for a long time to apply for the job even though it's just a game. I ended up being their GM as my job application was accepted and I GM'd them for maybe 1/3 season and made the playoffs and lost there.

When it was UFA time I signed Stamkos for something like 8.5 x 7, I also had traded for ROR, Barkov and Sam Bennett before the UFA. For some reason I didn't have to give a lot for those guys.. at least Granlund was lost and some future pieces. Maybe Coyle was lost too. It was a long time ago, but my center depth was something like:

Stamkos - ROR - Barkov - Haula lol.

I hate the fact I lead the Green Filth to their only cup that they're ever going to win.
Wow that center depth is inexpressive indeed, how the hell you were able to trade for these 2? Probably it cost you an arm and a leg!

I have the same situation sometimes, that my decisions are affected by my fandom of Canes, but then I realize this is just a game :D

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Wow that center depth is inexpressive indeed, how the hell you were able to trade for these 2? Probably it cost you an arm and a leg!

I have the same situation sometimes, that my decisions are affected by my fandom of Canes, but then I realize this is just a game :D

Like I said, I don't remember. :laugh: I think it was something like Granlund for Barkov as a basis, ROR I don't remember and Sam Bennett was surprisingly cheap.

I think you just inspired me to play some EHM today :laugh:

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Like I said, I don't remember. :laugh: I think it was something like Granlund for Barkov as a basis, ROR I don't remember and Sam Bennett was surprisingly cheap.

I think you just inspired me to play some EHM today :laugh:
After winning the cup, I have been scared to play again, because I have a bad feeling that I will miss playoffs this next season, but you should do it for sure, it was a lot of fun!

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Really? That looks a lot better than the version of that game I played. I think 2011 was the last time I had it.
This is 2015 version, it came out on Steam, I had it since early access days. If you like these kind of things you should check it out, you can add newest rosters, facepacks and logopacks through the Steam Workshop, so it's easy to play!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->