Post-Game Talk: "I know what every players knob looks like" Jets lose 3-2 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets played a solid game. Unlucky at the end but they fought back. They have done this 3 games in a row now. They are playing with a lot of heart and are pissed off losing. And for all those down on Bogosain he had a very strong game and made an excellent play staying with the puck on the tying goal, along with solid defense throughout.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
To be honest I don't even blame Pavelec. All of this is on Noel for not fostering a healthy bit of competition for the goalie position within the team. When you are going to describe the goaltending as "superb" and "fantastic" you ain't giving the goalie any incentive to improve or give the backup any hope of starting.

This I have to agree with. It took Noel feeling the icy fingers of future unemployment clutching at his neck to put a little incentive in his voice, and it's been great the past two games. No doubt Pavelec needs to feel that same sense of mortal danger.

White Out 403*

Same old mistakes
To many turn overs
Blah Blah Blah

Play just one game better than the other goalie and maybe we win!

I'm not surprised. Shows his character and lack of class. Keep in mind this is the same guy who drove drunk and concealed it from the Jets while negotiating a new contract. I don't expect much else from him as far as personal accountability goes.

How was Clitsome tonight? From my limited viewings he seemed like Clitmore

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
Same old mistakes
To many turn overs
Blah Blah Blah

Play just one game better than the other goalie and maybe we win!

No mention about making timely saves when the team needs it?

Didn't think so. Looks like that accountability thing doesn't apply to Ondrej.

wpgJetsfan

Dec 24, 2010
Jets played a solid game. Unlucky at the end but they fought back. They have done this 3 games in a row now. They are playing with a lot of heart and are pissed off losing. And for all those down on Bogosain he had a very strong game and made an excellent play staying with the puck on the tying goal, along with solid defense throughout.

I agree with the exception of Pavelec. He had an easy nights for shots and didn't have to make that many difficult saves as the Jets did a very good job defensively.

However those 3 easy shots with no screens or tips on Pavelec is all his fault. He's suppose to stop them.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
I'm not surprised. Shows his character and lack of class. Keep in mind this is the game guy who drove drunk and concealed it from the Jets while negotiating a new contract. I don't expect much else from him as far as personal accountability goes.

at times he was Clitmore and others Clitless - still alot better than his first few games

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
I'm not surprised. Shows his character and lack of class. Keep in mind this is the game guy who drove drunk and concealed it from the Jets while negotiating a new contract. I don't expect much else from him as far as personal accountability goes.

IMO we seen Clitmore tonight!

White Out 403*

I thought so, I liked his play. I saw a lot of positives out there. It seems like this whole team is really clicking, save 1 piece. Mark looked dangerous too. Wheels skating hard. If this keeps up we may save Noelles job yet.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Didn't see the whole game for goals against but no one is stopping that Weber shot in the 1st.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
well i thought we looked pretty good for the most part. I'll have to watch the replays of Nashvilles goals to determine if the knives come out or not. Fromt he third that looked like one that got passed us on....luck?

It's pretty much down to luck now. IMO the Jets have outplayed the opposition for the past three games.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I'll sum up my feelings with this:
I feel a lot better with these last two losses, than I did with our first two wins.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
I didn't hear the postgame comments either but I hope he's referring to himself as well when he says same old mistakes, or he could have at least said "too many turnovers but that last one is a save I need to make".

That's kind of insulting for most of the other players to take accountability but then to have Pavelec just take no blame for anything.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I didn't mind the way Pavelec played too much.

What I didn't like, was his lack of ownership in his interview. You gotta take ownership of that huge juicy rebound for the go-ahead goal. It's ok not to be satisfied with your teammates' play...as long as you're never satisfied with your own either.

The Doof

Mar 16, 2012
PP needs to score, that's the difference for us right now.

I think that is a huge key, did we get a shot on that last PP with 2 min left? It was a great opportunity for a clean two points against a division rival.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'll sum up my feelings with this:
I feel a lot better with these last two losses, than I did with our first two wins.

I'm staying positive. I love their compete the last 3 games. I think we will see this team get things going yet.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I think that is a huge key, did we get a shot on that last PP with 2 min left? It was a great opportunity for a clean two points against a division rival.

No we didn't. Nashville is good at taking away shooting lanes, though. I think it got into the Jets' heads actually. The big one-timer from the points wasn't working all game, so they actually stopped trying it. Lots of puck movement trying to find the good pass or open lane and it never happened.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Didn't see the whole game for goals against but no one is stopping that Weber shot in the 1st.

Yeah, can't fault Pavs on any of the goals really. Second one was bouncing around and it looked like one of the Nashville players had a clear shot so Pavs positioned himself to save the closer shot, but then it bounced past that player and went further back and was shot quickly by Hornqvist so Pavs was too deep in his net. He played the first shot right and didn't have time to recover and come further out when that player missed it. Unfortunate.

Third one was on Kane and was just a really good shot, likely wouldn't have been saved at the other end if it had played out the same but people will blame Pavs for it anyways.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
we'd be in 3rd in the metro division. Instead we look like a bunch of metros in the central...

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I didn't mind the way Pavelec played too much.

What I didn't like, was his lack of ownership in his interview. You gotta take ownership of that huge juicy rebound for the go-ahead goal. It's ok not to be satisfied with your teammates' play...as long as you're never satisfied with your own either.

If he was that fired up he probably shouldn't have put the headset on so soon after the game. You can't call out your teammates like that, although Engblom basically led him there.

Sixty Minute Man

Apr 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Mb
No matter how badly Pavelec plays a game we hear the same old story from the Coach, from the GM, from the players and from the majority of the mainstream media. They all say Pavelec is playing wonderfully, is saving games, is making big saves, is not the problem, is a top goalie in the league, his numbers don't tell the whole story etc, etc, etc. Can we be surprised by his own lack of accountability?

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
No matter how badly Pavelec plays a game we hear the same old story from the Coach, from the GM, from the players and from the majority of the mainstream media. They all say Pavelec is playing wonderfully, is saving games, is making big saves, is not the problem, is a top goalie in the league, his numbers don't tell the whole story etc, etc, etc. Can we be surprised by his own lack of accountability?

Actually there was an article in the Metro questioning him, I was surprised because like you said you don't hear much criticism of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->