Post-Game Talk: "I know what every players knob looks like" Jets lose 3-2 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpgJetsfan

Dec 24, 2010
Dammit. When are the coaching staff going to sit Pavelec? All 3 goals were shots with no screens or tips. He can't seem to bail out his teammates when it counts. Once again I blame the loss on him.

Anyways, I'll take my 500 vCash for betting Nashville to win.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Good game. One point isn't the end of the world.

Everyone was solid.

I can forgive the kind of gaff that Buff did in the end since it is 4v4 and it's better to take chances and score than have it settled by a gimmick.

I'd congratulate Peluso and Wheeler on their goals but we all know that the person who puts the puck in the net is irrelevant, the only reason a goal is scored is cause a goalie sucks.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
After watching the replay, that was on Kane. Careless, careless, careless.

I think he was gassed - only Buff, Enstrom and Clitsome had more ice time. He was 23+ minutes TOI tonight, getting double shifted. Sucks that the puck was rolling on him too - should have settled it down.

Looking at the TOI, all 4 lines were used quite a bit - that's a nice change. Lowest TOI was Tangradi at just over 12m.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Not Buff's fault. Not Kane's either... just bad luck. I'd like to see the replay on that to see if Pavs had a screen or not. Every now and then you need to make that save to bail out your team from a bad bounce

Pavelec was halfway to the bench by the time it hit mesh.

FBS

Sep 6, 2011
Dammit. When are the coaching staff going to sit Pavelec? All 3 goals were shots with no screens or tips. He can't seem to bail out his teammates when it counts. Once again I blame the loss on him.

And if he hadn't stopped that wraparound in the 1st the Jets wouldn't have gotten a point.

White Out 403*

Once again Pavelec lets in 3 goals per game. That's his magic number this season.

Another frustrating effort from him. He def made some nice timely saves, but literally all 3 goals he had a look at. The OT goal was a high % shot I'll give you that but the other 2 ... not so much. 901 save % on the night which is right on par with his season average, and he was again the 2nd best goaltender out there. It's tough to defend him but someone will try.

Anyways, was a tough loss. I think the guys played great but the Hutton did a very good job of getting his team 2 points. Props to him

Patch22

Nov 4, 2009
Canada
Good game, other than a slight slowdown in the beginning of the 3rd it was a solid effort. Impossible to get anything past the Nashville shot blockers.

I'm not a Pav's hater, and I realize none of the goals were directly his fault,but I'm really starting to notice his extreme movement around the crease and lack of reaction to get back into position. Makes it a bit concerning whenever the opposition is applying pressure.

Ah well, one point is better then none. Just nice to see good effort for two games in a row. And Peluso scoring was a nice bonus. :handclap:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
And if he hadn't stopped that wraparound in the 1st the Jets wouldn't have gotten a point.

You say that as if saving that wraparound was some monumental feat. That's his job. If he hadn't let that second one in which was terrible on two accounts, first a juicy rebound then letting in that not great of a shot on the same goal, we'd have won the game in regulation.

You know it's bad when a goalie's defenders have to point out one save and make it sound like it was some huge achievement.

If Montoya was in the net, we win this game.

CZ

Jan 6, 2013
Pavs. Say it like it is....you didn't make the saves you needed to

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
That was a hard fought game by the Jets. I'm disappointed in the loss but they played a real strong road game!

White Out 403*

What was Pavs post game comments? Can someone give us the coles notes?

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Sure they were all save-able but I think pavs played not bad. That last one wasn't his fault. He wasn't expecting buff to **** up and give them a one timer. The other two were save able but still, he looked like a NHL goalie tonight. Regroup and hand it to Dallas!

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Good game. One point isn't the end of the world.

Everyone was solid.

I can forgive the kind of gaff that Buff did in the end since it is 4v4 and it's better to take chances and score than have it settled by a gimmick.

If there was 1 minute left in overtime, you'd be right.

I'm no super stats guy, but trying to take a chance with 17 second left and you're hemmed in your own zone just reeks of negative expectation. I'd rather take a coin toss than give them 2 chances for every 1 we'd get.

You say that as if saving that wraparound was some monumental feat. That's his job. If he hadn't let that second one in which was terrible on two accounts, first a juicy rebound then letting in that not great of a shot on the same goal, we'd have won the game in regulation.

You know it's bad when a goalie's defenders have to point out one save and make it sound like it was some huge achievement.

If Montoya was in the net, we win this game.

Unfortunately, that's apparently going to remain a rhetorical question. I think Montoya needs a shutout PLUS a late empty net goal to deserve a second start.

Start to Montoya > shart from Pavelec

suitup17

Feb 7, 2009
Winnipeg
I didn't think Pavs was that bad tonight. Pissed that he lost us the extra point from last game though. He just doesn't seem to make very many clutch saves when we need him to.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
To be honest I don't even blame Pavelec. All of this is on Noel for not fostering a healthy bit of competition for the goalie position within the team. When you are going to describe the goaltending as "superb" and "fantastic" you ain't giving the goalie any incentive to improve or give the backup any hope of starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->