I kinda like kerfoot.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Gave this a like because it takes courage to write something this stupid in a public forum. Good on ya.
I legitimately took note of who liked the OP in hopes of finding a comment even less in tune with reality than that. Bravo sir, well played.

Reactions: Duke16

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Good little player, ideal 3rd liner. Needs to take less penalties because they’ve led to too many goals against (most recently Philly and LA game)

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
I like him. he's not better than Kadri and if Barrie continues playing like he has we lose the trade. But he's been great.

I would agree kadri is a better player but kerfoot seems to be doing a good job in the 3c role. Sort of like he hopefully knows he belongs there where maybe Kadri thought he should move up? Idk how to put it. I miss Kadri. Loved his game but can see why the team moved him.

v4karuna

Apr 23, 2015
He is terrible and should look to be moved. Too many penalties, undersized, low IQ, does not understand situational hockey.

I have no axe to grind against Kerfoot. I watched every game of the SJ Colorado series last year and my takeaway was that Kerfoot was the worst player on either team. I could not believe what a scrub this guy was. Sure enough Dubas was waiting with open arms to take Sakics’ trash. Even worse, Dubas doubled down on his mistake by extending him.

He is a massive downgrade from Kadri and is just another player who is not hard to play against. He is the 2nd coming of David Desharnais, except with an even lower hockey IQ. Brian Boyle could’ve been signed for nothing and beings much more to the table, than this scrub.

He is the opposite of what you described.

axman15

Sep 6, 2012
Toronto
He is terrible and should look to be moved. Too many penalties, undersized, low IQ, does not understand situational hockey.

I have no axe to grind against Kerfoot. I watched every game of the SJ Colorado series last year and my takeaway was that Kerfoot was the worst player on either team. I could not believe what a scrub this guy was. Sure enough Dubas was waiting with open arms to take Sakics’ trash. Even worse, Dubas doubled down on his mistake by extending him.

He is a massive downgrade from Kadri and is just another player who is not hard to play against. He is the 2nd coming of David Desharnais, except with an even lower hockey IQ. Brian Boyle could’ve been signed for nothing and beings much more to the table, than this scrub.

Literally everything else in your post seems to go against this.

No complaints here regarding Kerfoot. Kadri seemed like a waste of an asset playing that full time 3C role, whereas Kerfoot seems to thrive in that spot.

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
leaf fans are a joke. When Kadri was on the team fans here justified comparing him to Tavares based on some even strength corsi nonsense and rated him as a top 30 C in the NHL. Now Kerfoot comes, and all of a sudden Kerfoot > Kadri. Kadri is way more of an accomplished player than Kerfoot, and it's going to take more than 3 mediocre seasons +20 games to change that.
Most people are saying kadri’s better. Are you even reading the thread?

Reactions: Menzinger

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Hes really become a hidden gem from the Kadri trade.

Any doubts about his ability to play centre should be put to rest by now. Hes got great positioning and good possession numbers. And now locked into a very fair contract for the team

Not much more you can ask for a 3C

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Hes really become a hidden gem from the Kadri trade.

Any doubts about his ability to play centre should be put to rest by now. Hes got great positioning and good possession numbers. And now locked into a very fair contract for the team

Not much more you can ask for a 3C

I know I know there was a certain element that Kadri brought
But
Honestly I never liked him ( Personally) and thought he was a pretender as far as a tough guy and very selfish and hag the JVR illusionist syndrome
One great game 3-4 disappearances
And I bet ( gut feeling only ) wasn’t liked in the room
Something about him
Just my take

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Most people are saying kadri’s better. Are you even reading the thread?
most yes, but quite a few have already jumped to the "oh he plays on the Leafs now? He must be better than whoever!" tirade. Some members of this fanbase were the only ones delusional enough to compare their centreman with Connor McDavid.

This fanbase is just wild. We inflate and over inflate our player's values through the moon, and the media doesn't help. Then when the players want to get paid an astronomical amount as they buy into their own hype, we're not happy either.

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton

Your hot takes are atrocious.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015

You definitely have the best parody account in here. But sometimes you go a little overboard and make yourself too obvious. Gotta be a little more sneaky.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
The main point here is that we got BARRIE for Kadri. And it was such a waste. I bet that a second or third would have gotten us Kerfoot if we wanted him and traded Kadri for a real defenseman!!!

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

We should have awards on HF Leafs. I've never seen someone post such dunce cap worthy stuff in my 10+ years on here. You're consistent, I'll give you that.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
When the trade was made, I thought Barrie was the key piece and Kerfoot was a bonus.

Kerfoot is the only reason that trade seems palatable now.
Barrie has been really bad. I thought he'd do really well here but something seems off. In Denver he would skate the puck out and make passes like we see Rielly do and Gardiner before. It's a gamble but that's what they're good at. I'm wondering if Babcock is neutering Barrie like he did with Rielly years ago. I don't know how many people here remember but Rielly played a completely different game just a few years ago. He'd get the puck in the corner with time and just chip it up the boards. Total waste of his talent. I feel like Barrie is doing the same now.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Like scoring 36 goals while playing in a shutdown role overrated?
Kadri has scored 36 goals in a season?

I must have missed that one.

Kadri is a 45-55 point C. There are plenty of those in the NHL. I never understood the obsession some people had with him on this board. I wonder if it has to do anything with the fact that hes the best player we drafted in a 10 year period give or take so everyone viewed him as something more.

Side note: I remember listening to Ian Tulloch's podcast and Rachel Doerrie was going on how Kadri will be a great penalty killer for the Avs. This guy never saw the ice on a PK when he played for the Leafs.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Kadri has scored 36 goals in a season?

I must have missed that one.

Kadri is a 45-55 point C. There are plenty of those in the NHL. I never understood the obsession some people had with him on this board. I wonder if it has to do anything with the fact that hes the best player we drafted in a 10 year period give or take so everyone viewed him as something more.

Side note: I remember listening to Ian Tulloch's podcast and Rachel Doerrie was going on how Kadri will be a great penalty killer for the Avs. This guy never saw the ice on a PK when he played for the Leafs.

You're right, it was only back to back 32 goal seasons. He was a good player. Anyone saying otherwise is being silly. He did have to go though (it was just time to move on after his 2nd playoff suspension).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad