I just had a vasectomy

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Mine was done using a "no scalpel" method. Instead of two big cuts there is one tiny hole cut in the center, and they reach in through there and tug out what they need to cut, then cut and cauterize before putting it all back in.

There was no needle for anesthetic; it was done using jets of air, I don't really understand how it works. They said it would feel like getting thwacked with an elastic band, which sounded horrible, but it wasn't nearly as bad.

However, the surgery part really sucked. Not because it was painful, because the anesthetic works on pain, but strangely doesn't really work on the feeling itself. I could still feel what they were doing (like honestly, I swear I could feel them actually pulling hte tube out through the hole in the front, I could feel the pop), and there was mild pain and a lot of discomfort, but to be honest, I'm uniquely bad with that kind of stuff, I can't help but get a mental picture and start to get queasy. I think my cheeks were clenched the entire time, I couldn't relax. I had to be told to control my breathing better, and because hearing the doctor tell the nurse directions (such as "ok, now cut") only added to it, I had to plug my ears. I really would have preferred to just be oblivious to what they were doing, then I'd be fine. But it's the knowing that is just unbearable for me... but I got through.

good ****ing lord

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Mine was done using a "no scalpel" method. Instead of two big cuts there is one tiny hole cut in the center, and they reach in through there and tug out what they need to cut, then cut and cauterize before putting it all back in.

There was no needle for anesthetic; it was done using jets of air, I don't really understand how it works. They said it would feel like getting thwacked with an elastic band, which sounded horrible, but it wasn't nearly as bad.

However, the surgery part really sucked. Not because it was painful, because the anesthetic works on pain, but strangely doesn't really work on the feeling itself. I could still feel what they were doing (like honestly, I swear I could feel them actually pulling hte tube out through the hole in the front, I could feel the pop), and there was mild pain and a lot of discomfort, but to be honest, I'm uniquely bad with that kind of stuff, I can't help but get a mental picture and start to get queasy. I think my cheeks were clenched the entire time, I couldn't relax. I had to be told to control my breathing better, and because hearing the doctor tell the nurse directions (such as "ok, now cut") only added to it, I had to plug my ears. I really would have preferred to just be oblivious to what they were doing, then I'd be fine. But it's the knowing that is just unbearable for me... but I got through.

louisville-bench-reaction-to-kevin-ware-broken-leg.gif

**** you.

good ****ing lord

And **** you for quoting it after I missed it the first time.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

why the **** did I read this :cry:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I doubt the typical Lounge poster is old enough to empathize with going through such a procedure and everything that led to it :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad