I hope this doesnt mean what I think it means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twine Seeking Missle

Go monkey go!!!
Dec 30, 2004
Suck-town
Newsday is reporting that a Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Islanders affiliate) is being moved to the Nassau Coliseum on Feb 18th. As a season ticket holder to the Isles I will be going of course but to announce this today seems like bad news. If a deal were to get done, there would be no need for the Tigers to play a game at the coliseum. Could Islanders insiders maybe know for sure that the season is toast? I really hope not because I have been optimistic for the past few days. Hopefully im just reading too much into this. :dunno:

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Twine Seeking Missle said:
Newsday is reporting that a Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Islanders affiliate) is being moved to the Nassau Coliseum on Feb 18th. As a season ticket holder to the Isles I will be going of course but to announce this today seems like bad news. If a deal were to get done, there would be no need for the Tigers to play a game at the coliseum. Could Islanders insiders maybe know for sure that the season is toast? I really hope not because I have been optimistic for the past few days. Hopefully im just reading too much into this. :dunno:

Sounds like a whole lot of nothing to me.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003

I believe teams are simply going about business as usual. Don't read too much into it until after the meeting at the very least. I believe the teams all have the proposed tentative schedule in hand, and know when they can rent out their arenas.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
When they make the schedule, if there is a season, they will just book on the open dates. I wouldn't think this means anything.

GabbyDugan

Jun 8, 2004
It's nothing with much meaning attached to it, IMHO. There have been many AHL affiliates playing games in their parent team's arenas this season. The Edmonton Road Runners of the AHL have already played against Cleveland in San Jose, Cincinnati in Anaheim, and Rochester in Buffalo. Toronto had their AHL affiliate from St. John's play a couple of games against the Senators farm team from Binghampton, and drew excellent crowds in the ACC.

The press release as posted at the NY Islanders website:

http://www.newyorkislanders.com/pressbox/archive.asp?id=284

(January 19) Hockey returns to Nassau Coliseum on Friday, Feb. 18 at 7:30 pm when the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, the AHL affiliate of the Islanders, take on the Wilkes Barre/Scranton Penguins. Net proceeds from the game will benefit the New York Islanders Children’s Foundation, which plans to distribute the funds to charities that support children in need.

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
Agreed, many AHL teams are playing select games in NHL arenas. The Lightning flew the Springfield Falcons down to Tampa to play the Phantoms in December, Syracuse just played Cleveland last week at Nationwide Arena in Columbus too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad