I Have A Question About Jared Staal....

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Man, the kid is 16 years old. He is big, can skate and is responsible defensivly. You seen how all Staal's got better and I expect the same thing with Jared. He doesn't turn 17 untill august so he is pretty young for his draft year. His offense may yet develop to a decent level, even so without offense you may have a Rob Niedermayer.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
I find it amusing that the posters making fun of the Staal's appearance (be it Jared, Jordan, Marc or Eric) will never get laid half as much as these talented and famous hockey players will

I commented on Jared's looks, and if you're talking about getting laid by the ditch pigs I see hanging around on the sidewalk outside Sudbury Arena, then you're definitely correct.

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
I commented on Jared's looks, and if you're talking about getting laid by the ditch pigs I see hanging around on the sidewalk outside Sudbury Arena, then you're definitely correct.

You made those comments to feel better about yourself. I can't believe I had to go through those crap posts you started just to read the thread.

eaton28

Feb 5, 2005

how dare you insult our ditch pigs :rant:

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
You made those comments to feel better about yourself. I can't believe I had to go through those crap posts you started just to read the thread.

Jesus H. Christ... settle down, it was a joke. I played in the OHL, and chirping other players about their perceived ugliness is a time-honoured tradition.

One of the CBC guys said that Jared could be the best, he said this after he was interviewing Jordan and Eric at the all star game. He will proboly get drafted next year just because of his name, not very often forwards in their draft year with lets say 30 points get drafted unless their enforcers.

What do you were think they were going to say? Sorry, you guys have been wrong all these years, that was supposed to refer to Jordan. Jared's actually a much worse hockey player than us.

Alison

Sep 7, 2005
sudbury
That didn't stop plenty of other players his age across the CHL from getting ice time and making an impact.

All of Sudbury's 16 year old rookies seen very little ice-time. Being a cyclic league this is the Wolves fourth year with alot of veterans and was technically the year to make a run. Which we have going to the OHL finals. After a sub-par season in which the rookies should have gotten ice-time because we where doing crap anyways they did not. No biggy they will all see plenty of ice-time next year. Like I said we should re-visit this topic a year from now when all the Wolves rookies will have seen plenty of ice-time. The team next year will basically be all 17 year olds so the ice-time will be evenly split amongst them.
I like Jared I see flashes of his brothers in him. He is 16 and I bet by the time he is drafted he will have earned it even though their will still be nay-sayers.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
judging by the sophstication of this responce, I'm not sure your even old enough to know what laid means.

and come on people it was a joke, some of you are taking it way too seriously.

Most people that are "old enough" know that response is spelled with an 'se' and you're in that context is contractual. eek :shakehead

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Jared is going to get drafted at some point in 08, it's just plain and simple.

Several people have already stated that we shouldn't give him up just yet as an NHL level prospect, and that we should overlook the rumor that he is the most talented.

He got NO ice time in Sudbury, and so that's to be expected. Give him time. As we saw with Jordan this season, Staals can surprise people (except maybe Kim). Not many people score more goals in the NHL than the season before in junior.

I like the Rob Neidermeyer comparison, because he has those kind of traits to his game. If the pressure doesn't get to him, and I was in an OHL pool, I'd probably take him as a Sleeper (even though everyone knows about him).

lehtonen06

Sep 4, 2006
wow im suprised with so many responses so i guess that the information that i heard was misinformed to begin with, well thanks for the update and i also believe that jordan looks the best so far, hes going to be a really good player, hopefully next season he sees more ice time on the power play

he had the best shooting percentage in the nhl last season - im almost 100% sure about that and also led the league in short handed goals and produced in the playoffs

cant wait to see how him and malkin play next year after getting a year and a short playoffs under their belt

Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Aug 12, 2006
speaking as not a big fan of the wolves, the only thing i'm grateful from the wolves is brett parnham who we got last year at the deadline from Sudbury here in Oshawa.....Brett was in a similar situation as Jared he was a 1st round pick riding the pine because Foligno doesn't play rookies. Look at his stats from 05-06: he had 4 goals and no assists in 31 games. After christmas he asked to leave for more icetime, which I believe if Jared's brother wasn't on the team he could have asked for a trade and probably gotten it and had icetime elsewhere. Lets look at Parnhams second year; he had 48 points this season. And from what I've seen Jared possess more tools than Brett does and more size. Most players don't have that good OHL season until their second or third year unless your an exceptional talent. People fail to realize Jordan Staal went something like 20 games before he scored his first OHL goal and only had 28 points in his rookie season which is modest. Lighten up on the kid he's young and gets all this attention because of his last name. I hope he proves people here wrong, its pretty big to laugh and rip into a 16 year old on the internet

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
speaking as not a big fan of the wolves, the only thing i'm grateful from the wolves is brett parnham who we got last year at the deadline from Sudbury here in Oshawa.....Brett was in a similar situation as Jared he was a 1st round pick riding the pine because Foligno doesn't play rookies. Look at his stats from 05-06: he had 4 goals and no assists in 31 games. After christmas he asked to leave for more icetime, which I believe if Jared's brother wasn't on the team he could have asked for a trade and probably gotten it and had icetime elsewhere. Lets look at Parnhams second year; he had 48 points this season. And from what I've seen Jared possess more tools than Brett does and more size. Most players don't have that good OHL season until their second or third year unless your an exceptional talent. People fail to realize Jordan Staal went something like 20 games before he scored his first OHL goal and only had 28 points in his rookie season which is modest. Lighten up on the kid he's young and gets all this attention because of his last name. I hope he proves people here wrong, its pretty big to laugh and rip into a 16 year old on the internet

i agree with this. we should at least give him time to show what he can do when he gets ice-time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->