Post-Game Talk: I guess I'll make it... Oilers Lose 4-1

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
If that Gif would have stayed in the GDT we would have won.

Holtby was great, Dubs was not so much. If we switch goalies we win the game. Sadly I think we will be able to say that too often this year.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You're the biggest apoligists in this room . When will you accept the fact from Management down this team has been a comedy of errors , what are you protecting , do you work for the Oilers? they do no wrong in your eyes ever. Denial at its best.

Can you please compose actual sentences? I'm actually tempted to clean up your quoted posts.

If you're trying to tell me that the Oilers didn't play a pretty good first two periods, then you're just not looking hard enough.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Ryan Batty ‏@ryan_batty 3m

The season ticket holder beside me has a source that says Eakins will be fired within the week and replaced by Messier.

From the guy who writes for Copper & Blue. I will riot if this is true (doubt it anyways).

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Given that you didn't even watch the game, I'm not sure how you can judge the game.

It's still a poor excuse IMO. Though I totally agree that if it weren't for Holtby, we could have had at least 3 or 4 tonight. It happens...

Bangers

May 31, 2006
I agree that the team played well the first two periods, Holtby was just in the groove. If the team plays like they did in the first 2 periods and loses, I don't get that upset.

The way the team played in the 3rd made me turn the game off though, completely uninspired hockey.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Can you please compose actual sentences? I'm actually tempted to clean up your quoted posts.
If you're trying to tell me that the Oilers didn't play a pretty good first two periods, then you're just not looking hard enough.

Go for it saves me edit button ;)

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I blame Buchberger. How does he survive the years of crap? Oh yeah, because he was a 'good old boy' who played years with the team. Ryan Smyth with be right next to him standing on the bench, soon enough.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
This isn't even close to a playoff team. Not even close.

A couple things I noticed:
- Ference talked about how they can't be dancing around defensemen to score. Ovechkin scores his goals by shooting anywhere, not by trying to deke through everyone. Clearly this quote was referencing Yakupov. Interesting that this comment was made not long after Hall's frustrated comment about Yak. Leaves me wondering if having Nail on the team is causing locker room problems.
- Stauffer again referenced this team's defense not being good enough. If youve been listening closely this past week, it feels like he thinks MacT is shopping hard for a top pairing left-handed defenseman.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
If that Gif would have stayed in the GDT we would have won.

Holtby was great, Dubs was not so much. If we switch goalies we win the game. Sadly I think we will be able to say that too often this year.

Not really

Oilers had some great chances, but were stuffing it into Holtby's pads, and rarely had any traffic in front of the net.

In contrast, the Caps were driving to the net, screening, or just outright rifling perfect shots.

This wasn't a loss based on goaltending.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

The season ticket holder beside me has a source that says Eakins will be fired within the week and replaced by Messier.

From the guy who writes for Copper & Blue. I will riot if this is true (doubt it anyways).

I will laugh so hard if that happens :laugh:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
On what planet does somebody with 0-0-0 -4 in a 4-1 loss end up getting 3rd star?

What a complete friggen joke.

Our topline should've been benched tonight.

I had more faith in Ben Eager. Outplayed any one of the prima ballerinas out there.

What a completely soft line. jebus. How does an NHL level coach even put a line like that together. Then line match against the OV line all night.

OMFG.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
On what planet does somebody with 0-0-0 -4 in a 4-1 loss end up getting 3rd star?

I had more faith in Ben Eager. Outplayed any one of the prima ballerinas out there.

What a completely soft line. jebus. How does an NHL level coach even put a line like that together. Then line match against the OV line all night.

OMFG.

Careful

You'll rile up the wrath of the cult of RNH with talk like that.

BackhandToeyJoey

Jan 16, 2013
This isn't even close to a playoff team. Not even close.

A couple things I noticed:
- Ference talked about how they can't be dancing around defensemen to score. Ovechkin scores his goals by shooting anywhere, not by trying to deke through everyone. Clearly this quote was referencing Yakupov. Interesting that this comment was made not long after Hall's frustrated comment about Yak. Leaves me wondering if having Nail on the team is causing locker room problems.
- Stauffer again referenced this team's defense not being good enough. If youve been listening closely this past week, it feels like he thinks MacT is shopping hard for a top pairing left-handed defenseman.

What did Hall say? Jw.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG

OMFG.

Probably should've been Perron as 3rd star if there was an absolute necessity that an Oiler be in there.

Loved him stirring up **** at the end.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

Not even a chance they replace a rookie NHL coach for a rookie hockey coach

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton

OMFG.

No kidding. Terrible all around.

Mentallydull

Jul 3, 2008
Oil Country
You're the biggest apoligists in this room . When will you accept the fact from Management down this team has been a comedy of errors , what are you protecting , do you work for the Oilers? they do no wrong in your eyes ever. Denial at its best.

So... the guy who's blaming everybody BUT the players is calling out others as apologists and saying that they're in denial.

I think I've now seen everything.

Good night and good luck to the rest of you... you're going to need it.

Butane Fan

Jan 29, 2013
Cowtown
Caps snipers sniped ours were firing blanks. Not sure how Holtby did not get called he was hacking down anybody near his crease. The score di not represent the game.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Not really

Oilers had some great chances, but were stuffing it into Holtby's pads, and rarely had any traffic in front of the net.

In contrast, the Caps were driving to the net, screening, or just outright rifling perfect shots.

This wasn't a loss based on goaltending.

I have no issues with the first two goals.

That goal by Ovechkin was a beauty - apparently, that play is Washington's bread-and-butter. Teams know they are going to try it, and Washington still scores.

The second goal was on whichever defenceman (Belov? or Schultz?) pushed Ward into Dubnyk.

The 3rd and 4th goals could have been stopped though.

Overall, in the 1st 2 periods I thought he was solid positionally, but he needs to stop kicking out those big, juicy rebounds.

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005

How many beers did this season ticket holder have tonight?! lol

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
We looked a lot better in this game than our other losses.

snakebit this game...what can you say?

at least we had "structure" from what I saw, ..

the team lost faith after the 3rd goal, which is normal, but can;t blame the effort to start the game.

Meh, we'll get it back come Saturday....lick the wounds and move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->