Confirmed with Link: I get to follow The Bruins around at The Draft

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Ask Chiarelli what drugs he was on when he drafted Khoklachev instead of Saad.

Why not ask Bowman what kind of drugs he was on when he drafted Mark McNeill, Phillip Donault and Adam Clendening before choosing Saad;)

We could do this all day, never will I defend Chia and his staff as being the top drafters out there, but EVERY team passes over players who wind up being gems, there isn`t one team out there that doesn`t have loads of players picked who the scouts/GM had big plans for or they thought would have legit careers who wind up doing nothing for the organization, the draft is a crap shoot outside of a few "can`t misses" and even some of them, in my time, have been disasters

What Koko ends up becoming is still being told.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Amazing opportunity!!!

Looking forward to your comments and be sure to post some pics while you're at it!

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Let me get this straight: you're actually going to sit at the Bruins table during the draft? Unbelievable. One of my fantasies.

Since you'll probably be told to sit still and leaf through the Red Line report during the process, it's still amazing to witness the discussion. You may have to sign a confidentiality statement, but I hope you can relay some of the flavor of the dialogue at the event.

Lucky guy!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
this is pretty amazing- have fun and dont forget to fill us in.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Ask/remind/pester them to move up in the 2nd round to get Hunter Smith.

The guy is too good to be true. Amazing size, a name that fits the size & style of play, and lots of potential. Hunter Smith, what a great hockey name.

Anyways, congrats on getting to play footsies with Chia & Neely at the draft. Shoot some spit-balls at the hab table. :yo:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The guy is too good to be true. Amazing size, a name that fits the size & style of play, and lots of potential. Hunter Smith, what a great hockey name.

Anyways, congrats on getting to play footsies with Chia & Neely at the draft. Shoot some spit-balls at the hab table. :yo:

Nah. Spike their bottled water w/vodka- then they'll be too drunk to draft anyone good :naughty::laugh:

8BostonRocker24

Feb 8, 2006
Silicon Valley
Let me get this straight: you're actually going to sit at the Bruins table during the draft? Unbelievable. One of my fantasies.

Since you'll probably be told to sit still and leaf through the Red Line report during the process, it's still amazing to witness the discussion. You may have to sign a confidentiality statement, but I hope you can relay some of the flavor of the dialogue at the event.

Lucky guy!
I have no idea what: "Follow Team of Choice" means... I'm on a company CC right now and the NHL just called me (I love saying that). I need to call my guy back and inform him who we want to follow, I'll ask what this means.

I doubt I get to sit at the draft table, if I do get to and you see two 6-3, ~170 lb, white guys (that look like twins) sitting oddly at the draft table, that's my brother and I.

I'm 32, he's 26. We both look like 30 year old twins.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Thats awesome! I hope you have a blast!

Was considering going myself...I'm from NJ and wanted to act like I was going "home" to see family but head to the draft in Philly :laugh:

OLD51JOHN

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Its great

To see a board member get this chance to see what most will never see in their lifetimes as fans of hockey... Congrats and hope you have a great time

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Hey, #1, **** you, and #2, have fun!

Kidding with #1... Lucky son of a *****. Take pictures and tell us how it went!

8BostonRocker24

Feb 8, 2006
Silicon Valley
You there yet???

Just got back to the hotel.

Awesome day overall. I spent about 2 hours following David around after Boston drafted him.
Very very friendly guy. Out going. Funny. And he has had to fight through a lot to get here. He moved to Sweden when he was 15. He lost his father last year.

I'll provide pictures (a crap load) and much more detail later.

My brother and I closed the night drinking beer with pete, coach and Don.

I'm going to the draft again Saturday. I fly to Boston late so I might not have a full write up until Sunday.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Awesome day overall. I spent about 2 hours following David around after Boston drafted him.
Very very friendly guy. Out going. Funny. And he has had to fight through a lot to get here. He moved to Sweden when he was 15. He lost his father last year.

I'm going to the draft again Saturday. I fly to Boston late so I might not have a full write up until Sunday.

That is ****ing amazing already.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Oh, so now your onto a first name basis with Chiarelli and Sweeney.........resentment and jealousy has officially gotten to the boiling point:sarcasm:

Sounds like you had a blast, ya lucky bugger, gotta ask, did any of that trio pick up a round or were all playing the "I left my wallet in my suite card"???:)

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX

Holy **** what a day for you guys! Congrats!

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada

Best thing ever posted on here? Quite possibly!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

How very cool ! Thanks for the update. I am looking forward to more !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->