Confirmed with Link: I get to follow The Bruins around at The Draft

8BostonRocker24

Feb 8, 2006
Silicon Valley
Hello...
I will try and keep this short. Due to my career I travel a lot and I end up staying in a lot of Starwood hotels. As a result, I have a boat load of Starwood "points" and with these "points" you can stay at hotels for free OR bid on cool auctions. I won one and I will be attending the NHL draft with a few extra perks.

Below is what I won:
• Two (2) tickets to the NHL Draft at Wells Fargo Center
• Access for two (2) to a meet and greet with NHL Network
• Access for two (2) to take an Arena Tour of Draft floor prior to the start of the event
• Access for two (2) to follow one (1) team of your choice through the selection process in Round 1

I've been in California for 5+ years and I'll be flying in to meet my brother (from Boston). We debated on following another team (Montreal, Toronto, Edmonton) and wearing our Bruins' jerseys but, in the end, we just wanted to follow Boston around.

Our schedule is:

June 27: NHL Draft Round 1
12:30-2:00PM: NHL Media & Staff Meal - Location: Westin Philadelphia (Georgian Room)

3:15-4:00PM: NHL Network Meet & Greet - Location: Wells Fargo Center

4:30-5:00PM: Draft Floor Tour - Location: Wells Fargo Center

5:30-6:00 PM: Draft Overview by Flyers Legend (Added) - Location: Wells Fargo Center, Suite #61

7:00-10:30 PM: NHL Draft & Follow Team of Choice

June 28: NHL Draft Rounds 2-7

10:00 AM – Last Pick (approx... 3:00 PM ET): NHL Draft - Location: Wells Fargo Center

12:00 PM: NHL Media & Staff Meal (Box Lunch) - Location: Wells Fargo Center

We have no idea what to expect, but I'll post pictures Sunday sometime. (I'm flying back to Boston with him for a few days).

David Krejci*

Ask Chiarelli what drugs he was on when he drafted Khoklachev instead of Saad.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
That is sweet. So cool and a really great package the Bruins/NHL are giving away to fans. Now when they say follow a team of your choice does that mean that you sit at he draft table with them or behind the scenes so you get to meet the player they selected? Either way cool but that would be awesome to be at the table

norwoodmustang

Jul 29, 2005
Norwood, MA USA
What an amazing opportunity! I'm sure you'll have a great time, and I can't wait to hear what you got to see and hear while you were there. Take as many photos and videos as they will let you!

OrrCam

Aug 9, 2008
Hello...
I will try and keep this short. Due to my career I travel a lot and I end up staying in a lot of Starwood hotels. As a result, I have a boat load of Starwood "points" and with these "points" you can stay at hotels for free OR bid on cool auctions. I won one and I will be attending the NHL draft with a few extra perks.

Below is what I won:
• Access for two (2) to take an Arena Tour of Draft floor prior to the start of the event
• Access for two (2) to follow one (1) team of your choice through the selection process in Round 1

I've been in California for 5+ years and I'll be flying in to meet my brother (from Boston). We debated on following another team (Montreal, Toronto, Edmonton) and wearing our Bruins' jerseys but, in the end, we just wanted to follow Boston around.

Our schedule is:

12:30-2:00PM: NHL Media & Staff Meal - Location: Westin Philadelphia (Georgian Room)

5:30-6:00 PM: Draft Overview by Flyers Legend (Added) - Location: Wells Fargo Center, Suite #61

10:00 AM – Last Pick (approx... 3:00 PM ET): NHL Draft - Location: Wells Fargo Center

We have no idea what to expect, but I'll post pictures Sunday sometime. (I'm flying back to Boston with him for a few days).

Oh my. Do you watch Mr. Rogers? Can you say.......

NV

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Ask/remind/pester them to move up in the 2nd round to get Hunter Smith.

From what I see, I like but....Seeing that they have a low first rounder wouldn't seem somewhat prudent to take a kid like that with their first?:dunno:

BTW: Congrats to you 8BostonRocker24 for getting this rare opportunity! Wish it were me!

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
Amazing, congrats! Did they mention anything about a confidentiality agreement? Imagine that would be a concern if you really get to be right in there with all of their discussions round by round. Of course HockeysFuture discussion boards would be exempt.

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
Congratulations on such an awesome opportunity - even though you nearly used it to troll the Leafs ;)

Would be super appreciative if you update the board on even the little things you pick up - aka what Bruins brass thinks of other teams' picks or what they're saying about draft day trades etc etc

Have fun!

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
That's awesome! Unless it's not allowed (non-disclosure or whatever), let us know any whisperings that the office is having at the table, as well, I.E. "What if we traded Marchy+our 1st to Vancouver for Kesler?" or something (not saying i endorse that trade, just an example)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hello...

Below is what I won:

Our schedule is:

As an employee of Starwood, I hope you enjoy your well earned benefits. I am assuming those pts you speak of are as a SPG member?

If your in Halifax, or are planning to come here, let me know, love to introduce myself and have a chat with a fellow Bruin fan:yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad