I find it quite funny how...

Discussion in 'Montreal Canadiens' started by attachetatuque, Oct 12, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. attachetatuque

attachetatuque un gros bonhomme!

Student
    The Habs NEVER show up on the NHL site, unless they are playing Toronto or Boston. We have a 19 year old on top of the league in points and making incredible plays night in night out and arguably the best blue-liner in the game in Subban, yet the Montreal Canadiens are no where to be found in highlights, in news, etc. Not a freakin' word

Now I know we don't need the publicity, but nonetheless, don't we have the most fans in the league spread across North America? This has been going on for years, but still drives me absolutely nuts. Why is this? Its as if there's a ****ing boycott

2. Lafleurs Guy

Lafleurs Guy RIP Fugu

Because a large portion of our fanbase is French and will go somewhere else to source their information from.

3. Noob616

Noob616 Registered User

Don't you dare bring logic to a good gripe.

4. attachetatuque

Student
    then why bother having the option to translate the site to french if this is the reason. From a marketing stand, the Habs would offer a great deal of traffic to the site if they were mentioned a single time, why not promote them?

really man? I highly doubt I'm being irrational. The logic would be: Our team is the most popular, we have 5 highlight-reel young stars that will be in the league for the next 15 years; report the hell out of this team.

5. Habiton

Habiton Registered User

Let me sum it up for you. The NHL is a bush league from the very bottom to the very top. The only people still watching are those who love the sport and it's too ingrained in their lives to leave. I'm weaning myself off with the NFL but it's not easy and will never be out of my life. The NHL won't see meaningful loss until the next generation starts. If I had a kid I wouldn't ingrain hockey in his/her life.

6. Brainiac

Brainiac Registered Offender

They're actually doing very good with regard to language. You can have nhl.com in 8 different languages, including french. No reason not to show the Habs at least a little bit.

I had this exact same feeling that the team is grossly under-represented on nhl.com. It's always the Pens, Boston, Toronto. Last year NYI started getting some attention.

I'd be curious to see what % of overall coverage each team gets vs. how much traffic is generated by said team.

EDIT: western teams are also under-represented.

7. dutchy29

dutchy29 Registered User

Registered Nurse
    The last probably six hockey magazines, hockey news etc. that I have seen, have had montreal canadiens on front cover mostly Price and occasionally Subban. And TSN Montreal dedicates a channel to Habs for a number of English games thru out season, not to mention CH24 a weekly show based on the Habs, what more do you want.

8. Brainiac

Brainiac Registered Offender

We were just talking about nhl.com.

But I think you're spot on. The league thinks Habs have enough exposure as it is and they prefer pushing for other teams.

That being said, I like the nhl.com website overall. It's well done and everything. But the (sometimes) absolute absence of Habs content is puzzling.

9. attachetatuque

Student
    1. All these magazines have regional covers. If you go to Toronto, they have Kessel, Phaneuf, etc. Do you honestly think they would sell Subban-covered magazines in Boston? haha
    2. I'm not talking about how the organization of Montreal represents itself in the media. The Canadiens are in charge of 24CH. Strictly speaking from NHL-run marketing standpoint.

10. cjbhab*

cjbhab* Guest

why bother having the Habs on the site?

We will watch games, buy merchandise, sell the rink out and get excited about our team without seeing them on NHL.com

other teams like the Coyotes, Islanders and Panthers need spotlight, put them on.

11. coolasprICE

coolasprICE Registered User

Business owner-prof.poker
    I've too have lost countless nights of sleep on account of this,

12. pretty sure they just pick whichever team makes for an easy pun

13. NobleSix

NobleSix High Tech Low-Life.

hatin'
    I think I've been to NHL.com about three times in my entire life...

I always just go to TSN and HockeyInsideOut.