I Feel Bad For Brent Johnson

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
He was terrible last year and we got Vokoun as a replacement. I wish him the best but I think Johnson should retire or move to the AHL or Europe.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Probably going start doing meth and spiral into a life of drug abuse, I imagine.

"Hey man, I'll trade you this Sid Crosby autographed puck for that crack rock." Such is the life for an out-of-work goalie.

Or he may just keep showing up at practice and hope no one remembers he's no longer on team.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
He could teach Fleury how to fight!

And maybe provide some insights on the mysterious and fabled "high glove save."

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Brent Johnson will be fine. If he still wants to play hockey, he can probably hold tight and wait for some goalies to go down or hit a cold spell. Could also probably going to Europe or Russia and make a pretty penny for a few years to pad his nest egg for retirement, as he probably only has a couple more years of physically being able to play hockey left. He'll be fine.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
Offer him a job as locker room DJ

He's a huge fan of Zeppelin. :yo:

Plus, we can't have our locker room turn into this crap-fest.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I also feel bad for someone that made a million dollars over the past 2 seasons to be a backup. Life is unfair.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I think he is just at the point now where his body cannot take the rigors of the NHL. He seemed to get slower each season and there is just no way to compensate for loss of speed these days. I imagine his hips are nearly destroyed by this point as well. The long-term health impacts from butterfly goaltending over the next 10 years will be interesting.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I liked him as a person but it was time to replace BJ and bring in someone who is going to challenge Flower in being better. The competition is going to be better and I expect this duo to be the best since our early Cups of the 90's

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
If no other team picks him up, I wouldn't be shocked if he was offered a job somewhere in the organization. He's still hanging around and everyone seems to like him.

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
Maybe make Johnson the goaltending coach in place of Meloche. Or if Bales has to have that job, then make Johnson the goalie development coach. I am of the opinion that Meloche like Lebeau may have had the league pass them by.

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
do we need to offer a job to every ex player with a good personality?

No we do not. My argument for offering Johnson a job is that Meloche has been passed by in the league. He has been with the Penguins for at least a decade. I was wondering if a new voice in the lockerroom for the goalies would be a way to get another step forward. Plus since MAF knows him already he might not be a put out in the event of Meloche leaving. Just my opinion. I am not a GM so i do not know.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
I think Pens fans should be treating him with more respect. He played a huge role on our team two seasons ago, and beat DiPietro's face in.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Hopefully not as our goalie coach

I'm old enough to have seen GM play in goal. Other than the few nights "when it was lookin' like a basketball," he's walking proof of "Those who can't do, teach"

Oh yeah, why would anyone feel the least bit bad for Brent Johnson. He's made a lot of dough playing a game in a rather mediocre - at best -fashion.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->