I don't like too many threads but HYMAN and BABCOCK

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
why is that babcocks fault, that is equally as much the trainer and Hyman’s fault. Hyman chose to play with no ACL.
It is Babcock’s fault for having Hyman taking faceoffs on a penalty kill that cost them Game 6, though.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
Alright.

I'll have to remember that the next time a rookie breaks onto this roster.

If he's not a fully developed NHL player right out of the gate (offensively or defensively), then he's destined to be a 4th liner, should be called the coach's son, have his spot on the team constantly called into question, etc. etc.

Now that I know what "fair criticism" counts as, I feel kind of bad for Robertson and Sandin and what's in store for them...
So you're saying no player is open to criticism when joining the league? Yeah, if Hyman hadn't put the work in and improved, then yes, he would've been a 4th liner or AHLer. It is very fair to criticize them. He clearly saw these were his weaknesses or his coaches helped him notice them and he put in the work to develop those skills. He wouldn't be the player he is now if he didn't get criticized...

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Yeah so you'll have to point out the part where it says "Babcock didn't even know who Hyman was" (your words) because I'm not seeing it..

Shifting goal posts. Should learn to admit when you’re wrong. Dubas was responsible for Hyman being a Leaf, not Babcock.

Reactions: stopclickbait

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Shifting goal posts. Should learn to admit when you’re wrong. Dubas was responsible for Hyman being a Leaf, not Babcock.

So you just go around making things up on forums huh? That's what you spend your time doing?

Babcock didn’t even know who Hyman was before Dubas acquired him.

Me telling you to back up crap like this isn't "shifting the goalposts".

You should probably learn what that phrase actually means and how to properly apply it.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
So you just go around making things up on forums huh? That's what you spend your time doing?

Me telling you to back up crap like this isn't "shifting the goalposts".

You should probably learn what that actually means and how to properly apply it.

Dude why are you lying. You clearly said this in response to me saying Dubas found Hyman.

Incorrect.

Hyman was playing next door to Babcock in Michigan and already had a relationship with him and his NCAA coach prior to both joining the Leafs.

Cool story though.

Can you provide any proof that Babcock had a relationship with Hyman? How about you post some real support.

Reactions: stopclickbait

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Dude why are you lying. You clearly said this in response to me saying Dubas found Hyman.

Can you provide any proof that Babcock had a relationship with Hyman? How about you post some real support.

I get you have an irrational hatred for the ex-coach of the team but making things up and posting them online in order to discredit this person doesn't seem all that healthy to me...

Once again, this is what I was responding to:
Babcock didn’t even know who Hyman was before Dubas acquired him.
Back this statement up or move along.

And try not to "move the goalposts" on me.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
I get you have an irrational hatred for the ex-coach of the team.

But making things up online in order to discredit this person doesn't seem all that healthy to me...

Once again, this is what I was responding to:

Back this up or move along.

And try not to "move the goalposts" on me.

You replied to my entire post and didn’t highlight anything. Claim you were replying to whatever you want.

There has never been any mention of Babcock having a relationship with Hyman prior to the trade. There’s no support because no one writes articles about a coach not knowing a player weirdo.

Anyway I’m done with this. Arguing with someone who openly denies the truth and shows no proof is useless.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Hyman had his feet and hands reversed when Babcock was playing him obsessively.

Like Holl, he seems to be a bit of a late bloomer and is a much better offensive player under Keefe.

Reactions: Lumberg

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
It is Babcock’s fault for having Hyman taking faceoffs on a penalty kill that cost them Game 6, though.

well who would you have put out there? Matthews wasn't great at faceoffs, Tavares didn't play PK. Kadri was suspended, so who did it really leave?

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
First off he’s not a good coach (or hockey man). He coached the offence right out of Team Canada and we barely beat Latvia. How do you get credit for barely winning with Team f***ing Canada??

As for his NHL track record, he had one of the best teams of the last 20-30 years and he managed 1 Cup. Ask any red wings fan, that was well short of expectation. A good coach would’ve won at least 3.

He’s not a smart hockey man at all, he’s just an incredibly overrated coach.
I mean his former players in Detroit, Yzerman and Shanahan hired him for Team Canada and Toronto.

Again I think the guy is very very unlikeable... but remember that Vancouver tossed Torts quickly because he was very unlikeable.

But he was respected as a coach, and I think it's because he is known to be very prepared for his opponents.

Reactions: justloveleafs

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Wow. I didnt mean for this to ensue at all .

Hyman to me, is a celebration. A Toronto guy, born apparently out of extreme wealth. Who I thought, was scouted when Babcock was in Detroit Michigan. Out of college.

I thought it was Babcock who had the Hyman obsession.

Let me change the discussion then.

AT what point in LEAF time, did you turn into a HYMAN lover.

Let me start. For me, it was when he took the puck against BOSTON. carried it up all the way, scored a spectacular goal.

I am one of the biggests Leaf fans, out there, but that was embarassing to me.

Shit Rorbertson himself, should have lept out at the guy, wherever he was stationed, he would have been an overnight youtube, instagram, jake paul guy.

But no. ZERO response. For the heart and soul of the team.

HALL OF SHAME MOMENT for me as a LEAFS fan.

I wasn't a big hater or lover of the guy, up till then.

AFTER THAT. Pure love ever since.

So stop squabbling. When did all of you, become lovers of HYMAN

And if Keefe has any stones at all. He dresses Sabourin, and Saber tooth Sabourin makes a statement for all of professional sports, and gets a paid off house, from Larry Tanenbaum.

U think that would convince hyman's father that Tanenbaum and the Leafs consider his son, a fixture, a local hero, a guy worth signing, for large......

Well in my sense of justice, that is what I would do.

I have never seen an athlete, in all my years of watching Toronto sports, put in an effort like this guy.

AND, from my small reports, apparently, a great team guy. To not see, anyone jump off the bench. and Muzzin in particular, to smoke Edler, was not very cool to see.

Apart from my concern over Hyman himself, Jack Campbell looking like Humpty Dumpty, the lack of follow through for a great player, well, that really puked me out.

Last edited:

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
I'm having a tough time trying to figure out if this thread is:

1) an attempt to bash Dubas or give him kudos
2) an attempt to bash Babcock some more or give him kudos

Can't we just sit back and enjoy the player and not give a shyte who brought him here? Does it really matter at this point?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
To be completely fair to Zach, he was starting to gain notice when he played for the Marlies, before Babcock and the Leafs got their hands on him

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I'm having a tough time trying to figure out if this thread is:

1) an attempt to bash Dubas or give him kudos
2) an attempt to bash Babcock some more or give him kudos

Can't we just sit back and enjoy the player and not give a shyte who brought him here? Does it really matter at this point?
Let me help you out -- there is no point to this thread.

Reactions: Carltons Cup

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Anyone else like this guy.....For some inexplicable reason. I do.

He is everything I try to avoid in life. Bipolars, adhd ers. Screetchers, etc....

But he makes me laugh, pretty much every time.

And he has the same disease I do. Leaflove.

Warning, this might be his biggest screech ever.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
altho he was hyman’s agent and Hyman was rumoured to sign with the Leafs after college because he wanted to be a maple leaf so bad and didn’t think he’d crack Florida’s line up. So who knows?!

I'm pretty sure he was a Red Wings fan growing up, can't remember where I heard that so could have been fake news..... If so, it would have made more sense he really wanted to play for Babcock, only a coincidence it was in Toronto

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
LOL Do you think, any of this guys teammates worried all that much about their personal safety......

Again, I don't get too many great stories about hockey from ex NHLers. But about HOWE, FOOF. have a few.

SHORT clip here, about Howe, by his allstar son. HIS SON, literally called him the meanest guy to ever lace em up.

If Sabourin, isn't playing tonight, and I have to listen once again to Beavis, lined up with Butthead, its going to be a painful night.

Stick Campbell in net btw. Let him gain confidence.

Win it for Zach, and target EDLER, all game long. Send a goddamn message to the THUGS of the NHL, we defend our own. Lose the game, Show something for our heart and soul guy.

You know you are a thug, when your very tough, all star son, calls you one. LOL.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
keefe and dubas, dress sabourin, and play the guy. Show some guts and respect. For the fallen.

EVERY time Edler goes on the ice, over the boards, Sabourin

Show Hymans teammates this organization, a brand. A playoff brand.

Enuff street hockey every season

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
keefe and dubas, dress sabourin, and play the guy. Show some guts and respect. For the fallen.

EVERY time Edler goes on the ice, over the boards, Sabourin

Show Hymans teammates this organization, a brand. A playoff brand.

Enuff street hockey every season
don't worry. You will not see Edler on the ice tonight without Sabourin, guaranteed

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Hyman is what Hyman is because Hyman worked hard and improved, not because Babcock misused him at the beginning of his career when he was not as good.
This is correct. Hyman would have worked hard and became what he is all on his own, for any franchise, because that’s the type of guy he is.
Eventually he would impress and work his way up the lineup to where he is now, regardless if he was placed in a higher role than deserved at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->